Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New IPOD release

New IPOD release

Shane

OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

EMB

Shane wrote:
> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

<yawn>

--
EMB

Shane

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:18:04 +1300, EMB wrote:

> Shane wrote:
>> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
>> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

> <yawn>

lmao
but but but madonnas involved

Brendon

Well, I was until I kept hearing about how the screens on the Nano are not
up to scratch (excuse the pun)...but yes, I am waiting to see what they have
in store, as well as the changes in the Mac lineups as well.

Brendon

"Shane" <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net...
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:18:04 +1300, EMB wrote:
>
>> Shane wrote:
>>> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
>>> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

Nathan Mercer

Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
new Power Macs, PowerBooks

PAM.

"Nathan Mercer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
> new Power Macs, PowerBooks

It's a keyboard with RAM and a processor you plug in and use the iPod as a
computer

PAM.

Nathan Mercer

EMB wrote:
> Shane wrote:
>
>> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
>> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

> <yawn>

Profit up, but share price down (10% in afterhours trading) because iPod
shipments fell short of analysts' "lofty" expectations

Alastair .geek.nz

In <(E-Mail Removed) .com> Nathan
Mercer wrote:

> Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
> new Power Macs, PowerBooks

I don't believe that Powermacs and Powerbooks will be updated at this
event. Sure, they're due for updates, and the Powermac may soon be
available with dual-core G5s, but in recent times Apple has tended to
release new Macintosh products quietly while saving the big events for
new iPod releases.

As far as the iPod video is concerned, I have my doubts despite all the
recent speculation. The reason why the iPod has been so successful is
that it's a product that anyone can use, whereas other digital music
players have tended to be perceived as nothing more than geek toys. I
feel that an iPod video would also be dismissed as a geek toy, and there
would be little widespread demand for it.

My prediction is that we will see the current hard drive iPods updated
with cosmetic changes, capacity increases, and one other significant,
but not revolutionary, feature. I think that a definite possibility is
WiFi support, with the ability to download iTunes Music Store content
from WiFi hotspots.

Not long to wait now.

--
Regards, Alastair.
Wellington, New Zealand

My supplied email address is fake. Any views expressed in this posting
are personal and its content remains the property of Alastair. Alastair
accepts no responsibility for any misinformation resulting from this
posting.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Shane wrote:
> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

Aren't you guys forgetting? I'm predicting the first of Apples
x86 based desktop PC's...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

Brendon

Apparently it's here - according to appleinsider.com

a.. New application called "Photobooth".
a.. New iMacs 1.5GHz - 2.1GHz in 17" and 20". Prices $1299, $1359, $1699,
$1759. iMacs come with FrontRow Bluetooth Remote, iSight, .
a.. 2000 music videos available from iTunes Music Store.
a.. iTunes 6.0 on its way.
a.. Apple has announced the iPod with video capabilities. 320 x240
resolution 2.5-inch screen. MPEG4.