Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google nz dead??? 9.15pm

Reply
Thread Tools

Google nz dead??? 9.15pm

 
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005


--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi
southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Crash
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
Southern Kiwi wrote:
> --
> Cheers
> Southern Kiwi
> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
> Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
> not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...
>
>

Not from Xtra...

Crash
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
I've now got it back as well....?

Crash wrote:
> Southern Kiwi wrote:
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Southern Kiwi
>> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
>> Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a
>> Guru...but not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...
>>
>>

> Not from Xtra...
>
> Crash



 
Reply With Quote
 
shannon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
Southern Kiwi wrote:
> --
> Cheers
> Southern Kiwi
> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
> Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
> not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...
>
>


Paradise / Telstraclear has been like that all day.

Does any isp person here know what their problem is ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
Southern Kiwi wrote:
> --
> Cheers
> Southern Kiwi


google nz is ok here (via maxnet) but some other sites are not working well,
eg openoffice.org download page for v2 beta



Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pacific Dragon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:21:42 +1300, Southern Kiwi wrote:
>



I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm periodically experiencing these
damn "Micro outages" again where nothing will resolve for about 1-2 minutes
then suddenly becomes right again. During the time it happens, I can
usually only ping the first hop after my router, other times, half the
sites are inaccesible.

Tonight I only experienced one, but the night before was particulary bad,
where it seems half the world would constantly full off the radar screen.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pacific Dragon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:37:19 +1300, Pacific Dragon wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:21:42 +1300, Southern Kiwi wrote:
>>

>
>
> I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm periodically experiencing these
> damn "Micro outages" again where nothing will resolve for about 1-2 minutes
> then suddenly becomes right again. During the time it happens, I can
> usually only ping the first hop after my router, other times, half the
> sites are inaccesible.
>
> Tonight I only experienced one, but the night before was particulary bad,
> where it seems half the world would constantly full off the radar screen.


Forgot to add, I'm using Xtra Jetstream.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Fox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:21:42 +1300, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Southern Kiwi wrote:

> Subject: Google nz dead??? 9.15pm


Haven't noticed any problem here.
>
> --


What's with the character #129 (0x81) in your sigsep, in place of the space character?

> Cheers
> Southern Kiwi


--
Cheers,
Ralph

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:21:42 +1300, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, Southern Kiwi wrote:
>
> What's with the character #129 (0x81) in your sigsep, in place of the
> space character?
>



Ummm......I like it?...

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi
southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...


 
Reply With Quote
 
shannon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2005
Pacific Dragon wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:37:19 +1300, Pacific Dragon wrote:
>
>
>>On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:21:42 +1300, Southern Kiwi wrote:
>>
>>
>>I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm periodically experiencing these
>>damn "Micro outages" again where nothing will resolve for about 1-2 minutes
>>then suddenly becomes right again. During the time it happens, I can
>>usually only ping the first hop after my router, other times, half the
>>sites are inaccesible.
>>
>>Tonight I only experienced one, but the night before was particulary bad,
>>where it seems half the world would constantly full off the radar screen.

>
>
> Forgot to add, I'm using Xtra Jetstream.


Yeah that was happening on Telstraclear cable too
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I add "Images" Google to the Google toolbar in Firefox? JW Firefox 2 04-24-2006 06:17 PM
bridging Google Earth and Google maps in script cybarber@gmail.com Java 2 11-28-2005 02:51 PM
FAQ - references to Google/Google Groups Andrew Thompson Java 0 06-20-2005 12:26 PM
I am posting on three different google newsgroups, but can subscribe to the google archives, how do I do that? LadyLollipop Computer Support 4 03-11-2005 06:48 AM
Firefox google search bar searches google.de Abso Firefox 3 01-06-2005 10:55 PM



Advertisments