Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Faulty SONY CCD Devices..

Faulty SONY CCD Devices..

XP

Up date

Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta

http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php

http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php

I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..

I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

shannon

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:39 +1300, XP wrote:

> Up date
>

> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
>

> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>

> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>

> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>
> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

Well that's life on the bleeding edge for you.
I knew it was too soon to go digital.
)

E. Scrooge

"shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:39 +1300, XP wrote:
>

>> Up date
>>

>> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
>> Minolta
>>

>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>>

>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>>

>> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>>
>> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

> Well that's life on the bleeding edge for you.
> I knew it was too soon to go digital.
> )

Nothing wrong with my Olympus camera.

E. Scrooge

John in Surrey

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:39 +1300, XP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Rogers scored another bit of crap hardware...
gezz, its been months since his last purchase...

Fortitudo Dei

> Well that's life on the bleeding edge for you.
> I knew it was too soon to go digital.

Similar to my thoughts.
However Canon have just announced the release of a full-frame(!) 35mm sensor
DSLR (no more of this 1.5x magnification rubbish). Now if Nikon come to the
party and release something similar, I'll be interested...
(says he who has a selection of fantastic Nikon SLR lenses who doesn't see
the point of starting all over again...)

SNOman

XP wrote:

> Up date
>

> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
>

> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>

> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>

> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>
> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

E. Scrooge

"SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dihlqh$fup$(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP wrote:
>>

>> Up date
>>

>> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
>> Minolta
>>

>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>>

>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>>

>> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>>
>> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
>>

> You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
> problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.

E. Scrooge

XP

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:36:42 +1300, SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>XP wrote:
>>

>> Up date
>>

>> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
>>

>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>>

>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>>

>> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>>
>> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
>>

>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

That info came from the links above..

XP

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:05:05 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>"SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:dihlqh$fup$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> XP wrote:
>>>

>>> Up date
>>>

>>> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
>>> Minolta
>>>

>>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>>>

>>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>>>

>>> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>>>
>>> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
>>>

>> You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
>> problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

>If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
>working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
>
>E. Scrooge

CRAP..

SNOman

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dihlqh$fup$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>XP wrote:
>>

>>>Up date
>>>

>>>Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
>>>Minolta
>>>

>>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...a_problems.php
>>>

>>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
>>>

>>>I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
>>>
>>>I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
>>>

>>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
>>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

> If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
> working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
>
> E. Scrooge

But it's not working well, hence my post above stating this i.e it
exhibits the no image on LCD problem