Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > music for sale online

music for sale online

Craig Shore

This is how is should be done!

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/d...=2%20%0A%09%09

They offer it in 3 varients, FLAC lossless, MP3 128kbps and MP3 256kbps.
The MP3 version is slightly cheaper. US$12.95 for the album in FLAC, US$9.95 for
mp3.

That makes it NZ$18.65 for the album off the net. Sounds have it for $26.95

BTW the xe.com currency converter has NZ right near the top now, guess we must
use it a lot

shannon

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:38:36 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:

> This is how is should be done!
>
> http://stores.musictoday.com/store/d...=2%20%0A%09%09
>
> They offer it in 3 varients, FLAC lossless, MP3 128kbps and MP3 256kbps.
> The MP3 version is slightly cheaper. US$12.95 for the album in FLAC, US$9.95 for
> mp3.
>
> That makes it NZ$18.65 for the album off the net. Sounds have it for $26.95
>
> BTW the xe.com currency converter has NZ right near the top now, guess we must
> use it a lot

Exactly right.
Levies on blank content are the sort of gravy train that the bastard
parasite legal scum of the major labels want. Levies will be distributed
just like public performance levies on the basis of cd unit sales, meaning
it goes to Mariah and Britney and Cristina and Celine regardless of what
people actually use the disks to copy.
Pay for the file the way you want it, **** the plebs with their shitty
peer to peer 128k crap encoding.
Also have a look at http://www.warprecords.com/ who started doing it quite
a while ago.

Philip

http://music.allofmp3.com/r2/Jem/Fin...html?albref=14

In Russia, it's US2c per MB, so the whole album is US$1.18 for 192kbps
MP3. FLAC avaliable for extra.

Nathan Mercer

Philip wrote:
> http://music.allofmp3.com/r2/Jem/Fin...html?albref=14
>
> In Russia, it's US2c per MB, so the whole album is US$1.18 for 192kbps
> MP3. FLAC avaliable for extra.

Is it legal?

Craig Shore

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:07:23 +1300, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:38:36 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:
>
>> This is how is should be done!
>>
>> http://stores.musictoday.com/store/d...=2%20%0A%09%09
>>
>> They offer it in 3 varients, FLAC lossless, MP3 128kbps and MP3 256kbps.
>> The MP3 version is slightly cheaper. US$12.95 for the album in FLAC, US$9.95 for
>> mp3.
>>
>> That makes it NZ$18.65 for the album off the net. Sounds have it for $26.95
>>
>> BTW the xe.com currency converter has NZ right near the top now, guess we must
>> use it a lot

>Exactly right.
>Levies on blank content are the sort of gravy train that the bastard
>parasite legal scum of the major labels want. Levies will be distributed
>just like public performance levies on the basis of cd unit sales, meaning
>it goes to Mariah and Britney and Cristina and Celine regardless of what
>people actually use the disks to copy.
>Pay for the file the way you want it, **** the plebs with their shitty
>peer to peer 128k crap encoding.
>Also have a look at http://www.warprecords.com/ who started doing it quite
>a while ago.

The big difference with this album is the pressed CD version is released by Sony
BMG.

Craig Shore

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:07:58 +1300, Nathan Mercer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Philip wrote:
>> http://music.allofmp3.com/r2/Jem/Fin...html?albref=14
>>
>> In Russia, it's US2c per MB, so the whole album is US$1.18 for 192kbps
>> MP3. FLAC avaliable for extra.

>Is it legal?

I was going to ask that myself