Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Suse 10.1 Alpha 1 is codenamed "Auckland"

Suse 10.1 Alpha 1 is codenamed "Auckland"

-=rjh=-

Anyone happen to know why?

Is there a NZ connection, as there was with Firefox?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

-=rjh=- wrote:
> Anyone happen to know why?
> Is there a NZ connection, as there was with Firefox?

nah, they just saw the abismal mess that the Auckland "roadmap" was in,
and thought, "thats a good name for an alpha"

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress

randomiser

"-=rjh=-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434396e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone happen to know why?
>
> Is there a NZ connection, as there was with Firefox?

Poor administration, indefinite roadmap, slow traffic, high cost and an
ever-decreasing relevance in the overall scheme of things ?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

randomiser wrote:
>>Anyone happen to know why?
>>Is there a NZ connection, as there was with Firefox?

> Poor administration, indefinite roadmap, slow traffic, high cost and an
> ever-decreasing relevance in the overall scheme of things ?

maybe they ****ed the internals of Suse, and twice a day(6-9am and
4-7pm) it grinds to an almost halt for a few hours.

On looking at those times, thats a 1/4 of a day that the motorway is
going really slowly... thats nuts.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> -=rjh=- wrote:
>
>> Anyone happen to know why?
>> Is there a NZ connection, as there was with Firefox?

> nah, they just saw the abismal mess that the Auckland "roadmap" was in,
> and thought, "thats a good name for an alpha"

Hehe! Thats the 'GOTD' for me...

Oh, 'Giggle Of The Day', incase you wondered!

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.