Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PSP a WiFi remote DVR screen.

PSP a WiFi remote DVR screen.

XP

Hot info from SONY.

Of all the tempting nuggets that Stringer, we're going to focus on the PSP.

In the nine months that its been on the market, it's sold 6m units worldwide,
making it, they claim, the most successful portable games machine to date.

That's all fine and dandy, but how will they change the way PSP users consume
other media?

Well, here's the exciting part, he promised that owners will "soon be able to
deploy the device's built-in WiFi, to watch video from home entertainment
terminals, anytime, anywhere in the world."

Now if that doesn't excite, he also said "to expect to see" a PSP with a high
capacity MemoryStick which can be synchronised a Digital Video Recorder (DVR).

The tempting morsels cry out for more details, ones that weren't provided -
which I guess is the point saying them at a big event like this.

Quite what Sony's definition of a 'home entertainment terminal' is, wasn't
explained, nor was if it will require the purchase of another piece of kit.

It's also unclear if the PSP that we should 'expect to see' will be a new
model of the machine, or a new MemoryStick with increased capacity.

Who needs a iPod...?

Nathan Mercer

XP wrote:
> Who needs a iPod...?

Someone who wants a cheaper, smaller, thinner music player

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Nathan Mercer wrote:
>> Who needs a iPod...?

> Someone who wants a cheaper, smaller, thinner music player

with a good amount of storage space.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress