Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Kiwibank website

Kiwibank website

Ray Colvill

Been down since 11.30am.

Any one know what's up.

Message not to call help desk about it.

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Shane

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:47:12 +1300, Ray Colvill wrote:

> Been down since 11.30am.
>
> Any one know what's up.
>
> Message not to call help desk about it.

No problems with it here on Xtra ADSL

Ray Colvill

Still out in Timaru.

Maybe the SI only

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Shane" <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net...
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:47:12 +1300, Ray Colvill wrote:
>
>> Been down since 11.30am.
>>
>> Any one know what's up.
>>
>> Message not to call help desk about it.
>>

> No problems with it here on Xtra ADSL
> --
> Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
>
> The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.

Richard

Ray Colvill wrote:
> Been down since 11.30am.
>
> Any one know what's up.
>
> Message not to call help desk about it.

The sites working, not being a customer I cant login to see if that works

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Ray Colvill wrote:
> Been down since 11.30am.
> Any one know what's up.
> Message not to call help desk about it.

it has been up and down for days,

> Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
> The most powerful anti-spam software available.
> http://mail.spaminspector.com

heh, spamming an anti spam solution... nice.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress

Tim

There is a front page article in The Press about it today.
They basically say that internet banking is overloading things.

Now, I don't believe anything I read straight away...

"Ray Colvill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Been down since 11.30am.
>
> Any one know what's up.
>
> Message not to call help desk about it.
>

> Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
> The most powerful anti-spam software available.
> http://mail.spaminspector.com

Dibley Fanshaw

In article <di1pu8$dl9$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> There is a front page article in The Press about it today.
> They basically say that internet banking is overloading things.
>
> Now, I don't believe anything I read straight away...

It's down in a screaming heap at the moment.

To quote:

--
Dibley
(minimalist sig....oh damn!)

PAM.

"Dibley Fanshaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Kiwibank's Internet banking service is currently unavailable due to a
> > technical issue. Our information technology team is working on the

problem
> > around the clock and has brought in external experts throughout the

process
> > to help investigate and resolve the problems as quickly and effectively

as
> > possible.
> >
> > Were committed to resolving this issue as soon as possible and will keep

you
> > informed.
> >
> > Please be assured that there has been no security breach and that no

customer
> > funds or transaction information are at risk. All other channels,

including
> > ATMs, EFTPOS and branches, continue to be available.

My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue none
the less, which could result in a breach.

Maybe they set up the passwords for people just like Telecom did all those
years ago when Xtra first started.

PAM.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

PAM. wrote:
> My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue none
> the less, which could result in a breach.

They said it wasn't security, and if it was, then it shouldn't have
become availible over night(it seems fairly random when it is or isn't
availible).

Also the problem with this sort of issue(random downtime), is when you
do re-enable it, word spreads quickly, and users jump on, and grind it
to a halt, ring, complain, and often it gets taken back offline to get
it fixed, when it was simply overloaded because of a huge spike in traffic.

> Maybe they set up the passwords for people just like Telecom did all those
> years ago when Xtra first started.

not unless getting customers to choose their own is a bad thing(toungue
firmly in cheek comment).

--
http://dave.net.nz - my site.
http://www.dave.net.nz/csb/id37.htm <- Blog.

PAM.

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> PAM. wrote:
> > My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue

none
> > the less, which could result in a breach.

> They said it wasn't security, and if it was, then it shouldn't have
> become availible over night(it seems fairly random when it is or isn't
> availible).

They said it wasn't a "security breach". I say it's a security issue. Not a
breach. Something else.

PAM.

Kiwibank scam Roger_Nickel NZ Computing 35 10-24-2011 11:20 PM
setting up website inside a website sck10 ASP .Net 1 04-13-2006 09:18 PM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM
Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access Warwick NZ Computing 36 10-31-2004 12:15 PM

Advertisments