Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Photos on TV

Photos on TV

kandjc@hotmail.com

How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
Thanks,

XPD

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
> on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
> Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
> Thanks,

Heh most DVD players will accept a CD full of JPGs wthout an issue....
Anyway, one fancy way to do it, is with this prog :
http://www.codejam.com/motv.htm
It basically takes your JPGs and makes them into a VCD/DVD, with fades/wipes
and music etc. Ive made quite a few now for family and friends and theyve
loved it

EMB

http://tinyurl.com/7937k

--
EMB

E. Scrooge

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
> > on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
> > Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
> > Thanks,

By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.

Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players, they'll
also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
DSE DVD player will do what you want.
I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that wouldn't
play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.

E. Scrooge

XP

On 4 Oct 2005 10:18:56 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
>on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
>Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
>Thanks,

This is Great software for doing this..

http://site.magix.net/english-us/home/photo/?version=

kandjc@hotmail.com

My problem was WinXP's built in burner software. Tried another pc with
Adaptec burning software and it now works sweet.
Thanks for all who inputed, K

GraB

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:40:34 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> > How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
>> > on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
>> > Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
>> > Thanks,

>By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.
>
>Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players, they'll
>also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
>DSE DVD player will do what you want.
>I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that wouldn't
>play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.
>
>E. Scrooge

From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

Rob J

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:40:34 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:

> >By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.
> >
> >Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players, they'll
> >also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
> >DSE DVD player will do what you want.
> >I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that wouldn't
> >play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.
> >
> >E. Scrooge
> >

> From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
> name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
> formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

Simply put, there has been a big push from China to develop its own
standards to compete with DVD. SVCD is a Chinese government sponsored
standard and is very popular in Asia. So Chinese hardware will play all
these myriad of standards well, whereas other manufacturers who stick to
the official standards won't.

XP

On 4 Oct 2005 10:18:56 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
>on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
>Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
>Thanks,

There is a Web site that will give you all your details on your DVD Player..

I think this is it..

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers....h&orderby=Name

E. Scrooge

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:40:34 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:

>>By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.
>>
>>Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players,
>>they'll
>>also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
>>DSE DVD player will do what you want.
>>I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that
>>wouldn't
>>play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.
>>
>>E. Scrooge
>>

> From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
> name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
> formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

I was sure most top brands could play CDRs. On the VCDs I made it got as
far as the menu but wouldn't play it. 1 was a SVCD so I wasn't surprised
they couldn't play that format.

E. Scrooge