Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dell NZ Offering 17" LCD for $349

Dell NZ Offering 17" LCD for $349

Gordy

Dell NZ is advertising the BENQ FP71E+, 17 inch LCD monitor for $349
on

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=nz&l=en&s=dhs

Seems too good to be true.
This monitor has 7 days no dead pixel or bright pixel warranty.

Anyone managed to buy at this price?

Gordy

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Gordy wrote:
> Dell NZ is advertising the BENQ FP71E+, 17 inch LCD monitor for $349
> on
> http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=nz&l=en&s=dhs
> Seems too good to be true.
> This monitor has 7 days no dead pixel or bright pixel warranty.

errr, 7 days?
Shouldn;t you just get one from a manufacturer that covers it in warranty*?

$349 isn't *that* cheap either... although on checking, it appears to be
what "regular people" pay at retail.

*which in theory atleast should be all of them as it is a manufacturing
fault.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Gordy

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:48:47 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gordy wrote:
>> Dell NZ is advertising the BENQ FP71E+, 17 inch LCD monitor for $349
>> on
>> http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=nz&l=en&s=dhs
>> Seems too good to be true.
>> This monitor has 7 days no dead pixel or bright pixel warranty.

>errr, 7 days?
>Shouldn;t you just get one from a manufacturer that covers it in warranty*?
>
>$349 isn't *that* cheap either... although on checking, it appears to be
>what "regular people" pay at retail.
>

>*which in theory atleast should be all of them as it is a manufacturing
>fault.

There is a 3 year general warranty on the FP71E+..

The price for the FP71E+ from another source such as Acquila
(pricespy) is $431.

Other 17 inch fast LCD monitors with a zero dead pixel warranty for 3
years seem to cost above $500.

The "better" monitors don't seem to say anything about bright pixels.
(Although I have not looked into the finer print).

Do "regular people" have better sources than online shoppers?

Gordy

news.xtra.co.nz

"Gordy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:48:47 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Gordy wrote:
>>> Dell NZ is advertising the BENQ FP71E+, 17 inch LCD monitor for $349
>>> on
>>> http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=nz&l=en&s=dhs
>>> Seems too good to be true.
>>> This monitor has 7 days no dead pixel or bright pixel warranty.

>>errr, 7 days?
>>Shouldn;t you just get one from a manufacturer that covers it in
>>warranty*?
>>
>>$349 isn't *that* cheap either... although on checking, it appears to be
>>what "regular people" pay at retail.
>>

>>*which in theory atleast should be all of them as it is a manufacturing
>>fault.

> There is a 3 year general warranty on the FP71E+..
>
> The price for the FP71E+ from another source such as Acquila
> (pricespy) is $431.
>
> Other 17 inch fast LCD monitors with a zero dead pixel warranty for 3
> years seem to cost above $500.
>
> The "better" monitors don't seem to say anything about bright pixels.
> (Although I have not looked into the finer print).
>
> Do "regular people" have better sources than online shoppers?
>
> Gordy

Looks like a good price to me - for that particular monitor.

One technique to get lower prices is to arrange a group of people who need
the same new item of equipment - then , place a bulk order and you can save
a lot on the unit price you would pay as an individual.

~misfit~

Gordy wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:48:47 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Gordy wrote:
>>> Dell NZ is advertising the BENQ FP71E+, 17 inch LCD monitor for $349
>>> on
>>> http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=nz&l=en&s=dhs
>>> Seems too good to be true.
>>> This monitor has 7 days no dead pixel or bright pixel warranty.

Seems to be $382.50 now. *Without* delivery charges.
--
~misfit~

John in Surrey

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:28:28 +1300, Gordy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Do "regular people" have better sources than online shoppers?
>
>Gordy

No, they just fail to look down the side streets of the internet and
stick to the high street sites, or visit the industrial estates of the
net...

PJB

Yes great but when it fails then try and get any service. It takes ages and
then what are you going to do. Buy locally and support NZ businesses.

Only Aucklanders buy on price, the rest of us buy on service even if we pay
a little more.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...