Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iMate PDA2K stuff...

iMate PDA2K stuff...

Dany P. Wu

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4348c7e7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Dany - sorry for the late reply, as I was in the US for some
> conferences, and just got back today.
> Try using SD cards. They're faster than most MMC because they have
> parallel transfer.
> The RAM memory on Windows Mobile 2003 is used for both data and program
> execution. The best thing to do though is to have the most free memory as
> possible. I have a 1GB SD card on my device and install all programs on
> this card, plus data (maps, documents, email attachments). This way you
> have the most free RAM possible to run multiple programs.
> The OS will keep the programs open (the [X] button is a minimise, not
> close), and thus memory is important. Programs will be closed if the
> memory becomes low, but I use a program that turns the [X] into a real
> close button.

Thanks Mauricio - I've slowly worked out how the whole thing works in the
past week I've had the device. One annoying thing I discovered is the fact
that the SMS notification cannot ring and vibrate at the same time. It's
also a bit annoying that the notification is associated with the PDA audio
volume, instead of phone volume.

There're sounds played when you navigate through various items such as Start
menu items, on-screen keyboard, etc. That's also associated with the PDA
volume, which kinda makes sense. It would be great if sounds associated with
these events can be turned off. Can't quite find the way to do this though

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Dany.

Mauricio Freitas

"Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Mauricio - I've slowly worked out how the whole thing works in the
> past week I've had the device. One annoying thing I discovered is the fact
> that the SMS notification cannot ring and vibrate at the same time. It's
> also a bit annoying that the notification is associated with the PDA audio
> volume, instead of phone volume.
>
> There're sounds played when you navigate through various items such as
> Start menu items, on-screen keyboard, etc. That's also associated with the
> PDA volume, which kinda makes sense. It would be great if sounds
> associated with these events can be turned off. Can't quite find the way
> to do this though

To turn off these sounds tap Start | Settings | Sounds and notifications and
uncheck "Screen taps". I also uncheck "Events" and "Hardware buttons", but
YMMV.

Have a look on Geekzone (link below), there are quite a good crowd there
with some interesting tips. I have an article listing all software running
in my devices, and will updte it next week with a new batch of software
titles I am using now - and remove some from the list.

Also, we will be publishing reviews of the new models coming out from
Telecom, Vodafone, O2 and i-mate these coming weeks.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

In article <1128929866.287738@ftpsrv1>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> <snip>
> >
> > Hmmmmm, I looked at a demo copy of pocket plus, and it looks like a good
> > product, I just wanted something simple and hopefully free to correct
> > what I saw as a UI fault.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks for the help.
> >
> > D.

> Try Magic Button http://www.trancreative.com/ -works great on my 2003SE
> Axim.
> HTH

Hi Pleb,

Yep, downloaded and installed it thanks.

It looks good. I'll have to have a bit more of a play with it, but it
seems to "fix" it.

Thanks for the tip!
D.

Dany P. Wu

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434ad760$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks Mauricio - I've slowly worked out how the whole thing works in
>> the past week I've had the device. One annoying thing I discovered is
>> the fact that the SMS notification cannot ring and vibrate at the
>> same time. It's also a bit annoying that the notification is
>> associated with the PDA audio volume, instead of phone volume.
>> There're sounds played when you navigate through various items such as
>> Start menu items, on-screen keyboard, etc. That's also associated with
>> the PDA volume, which kinda makes sense. It would be great if sounds
>> associated with these events can be turned off. Can't quite find the way
>> to do this though

> To turn off these sounds tap Start | Settings | Sounds and notifications
> and uncheck "Screen taps". I also uncheck "Events" and "Hardware
> buttons", but YMMV.
> Have a look on Geekzone (link below), there are quite a good crowd there
> with some interesting tips. I have an article listing all software
> running in my devices, and will updte it next week with a new batch of
> software titles I am using now - and remove some from the list.
> Also, we will be publishing reviews of the new models coming out from
> Telecom, Vodafone, O2 and i-mate these coming weeks.

Thanks for that. I already had Screen Taps unticked - didn't realise it's
actually the Events sounds that had to be turned off.

I've joined the geekzone forum and already getting useful tips for fellow
geeks

Cheers,
Dany.

imate-JasJam Muhammad Salman Python 1 10-20-2009 05:09 PM
imate connecting to exchange server ChickenMan NZ Computing 4 05-31-2006 10:56 AM
IPv6 on imate JASJAR - Windows Mobile 5.0 Tarundeep Singh Wireless Networking 1 03-31-2006 03:10 AM

Advertisments