Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Int traffic dead?

Int traffic dead?

Phstpok

Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
paradise.

Anyone else?
--
Phstpok, the friendly alien

Collector»NZ

Phstpok wrote:
> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
> paradise.
>
> Anyone else?

Borg Internet via Orcon Bandwidth here no issues.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

John

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:21:20 +1300, Phstpok wrote:

> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
> paradise.
>
> Anyone else?

Had problems during the night - at times it was impossible to connect
to any site in, or out of NZ. (TelstraClear Cable though Paradise).

Regards,
John

Stu Fleming

John wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:21:20 +1300, Phstpok wrote:
>

>>Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
>>paradise.
>>
>>Anyone else?

> Had problems during the night - at times it was impossible to connect
> to any site in, or out of NZ. (TelstraClear Cable though Paradise).

Noted some DNS outages between 0300 and 0400 this morning on
TelstraClear frame relay.

Tony

Phstpok wrote:
> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
> paradise.
>
> Anyone else?

I think you will find that it was most likley systems maintenance. THeir
maintenance window (generally monthly) sits about that time of the week.

John

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:12:03 +1300, Tony wrote:

> Phstpok wrote:
>> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
>> paradise.
>>
>> Anyone else?

> I think you will find that it was most likley systems maintenance. THeir
> maintenance window (generally monthly) sits about that time of the week.

Roger, suspect that you could be correct. Would the change over to
daylight saving have had any effect?

Regards,
John.

Bling-Bling

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:21:20 +1300, Phstpok wrote:

> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
> paradise.
>
> Anyone else?

Works for me.

Dialup, via Telecom/Xtra.

Bling Bling

--
Windows is a bonfire, Linux is the sun. Linux only looks smaller if you lack
perspective.

Dave Doe

In article <433ea96c$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)where says...
> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
> paradise.
>
> Anyone else?

Yes, on and off int. connectivity in the last day or so. Things often
popping back into action within a minute or so - and then sometimes
dropping off too.

Bloody terrible - when are they going to revamp their pricing, they're
becoming uncompetitive.

--
Duncan

Mark Robinson

Phstpok wrote:
> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
> paradise.
>
> Anyone else?

Rang them about 5am ... they said it was planned maintenance and it was
due up in about 30 minutes which duly happened.

Why the prats don't tell their customers about planned outages boggles
me ... all part of their plan to not let paradise be NZ's favorite ISP
any more I suppose.

Phstpok

Mark Robinson stubbed out the damp squib on 2/10/2005 7:45 p.m.and tried
to bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
> Phstpok wrote:
>
>> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
>> paradise.
>>
>> Anyone else?

> Rang them about 5am ... they said it was planned maintenance and it was
> due up in about 30 minutes which duly happened.
>
> Why the prats don't tell their customers about planned outages boggles
> me ... all part of their plan to not let paradise be NZ's favorite ISP
> any more I suppose.

I'll remember next time and save myself the bother of going through all
my settings, rebooting modem etc.

--
Phstpok, the friendly alien