Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DVD HD recorders - Panasonic - Sony - Pioneer. Which?

DVD HD recorders - Panasonic - Sony - Pioneer. Which?

XP

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:16:18 +1300, "Whalemeat is Yummy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Both my Panasonic DVD recorder and LG drive (PC) accepts non-cartridge
>DVD-RAM media.

But I was referring to the Cartridge ones and they have a 100.000 r/w life
span, yes I did a lot of research into this and do know what I am on about..

*******s you just do not have a clue.

>Cartridge DVD-RAM media also cost more than the non-cartridge variety.

>With proper handling I'll stick to the the non-cartridge variety.
>

>"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:07:50 +1300, "Whalemeat is Yummy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >DVD-RAM comes in non cartridge media which my Panasonic DVD recorder can

>use
>> >so that is not an issue.

>> Its is as its not Double sided, the cartridge one is..
>>

>> >"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> >Cartridge.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <dhpsjg$jca$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Reviews indicate the newish LG model is not too bad - not quite as good as
>the Pioneer in some areas of recording quality (slight), but reads and
>writes to a greater variety of DVD disc types and is significantly cheaper.

I tried an LG before getting the Pioneer. The reason why I sent the LG
back was because it developed bad audio/video sync problems after
recording several hours' worth from VHS video tape.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
XP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:23:38 +1300, "Daver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>

>>> When there is a DVD Recorder that can record 10 hours on a Disk at VHS

>>quality
>>> I will get one

>>There is, the ones with a hard drive.

>Read what I posted..
>
>I stated a Disk not a Hard Drive.

A "disk" _is_ a hard drive. Or perhaps you mean "disc"?

Fishb8

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> XP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:23:38 +1300, "Daver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>quality
>>>

>>>There is, the ones with a hard drive.

>>Read what I posted..
>>
>>I stated a Disk not a Hard Drive.

> A "disk" _is_ a hard drive. Or perhaps you mean "disc"?

FWIW
I've had a Sony RX900 since last December and it produces great results.
Plays mp3s.There is a problem for some people in that, if you record a 2
hour program at the HQ (highest quality) level, then you can't dub it to
disc. I never archive so that's not a problem. If I wanted, I'd record 2 1
hour progs with overlapping finish/start times.
Even recording from Sky digital at a lower bitrate still makes great
recordings.

Mutlley

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> XP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:23:38 +1300, "Daver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>quality
>>>

>>>There is, the ones with a hard drive.

>>Read what I posted..
>>
>>I stated a Disk not a Hard Drive.

>A "disk" _is_ a hard drive. Or perhaps you mean "disc"?

No. A disk is a disc. Floppy, CDR, DVD or hard drive..

Tim

Come on now. Your making yourself look as bad as Lawrence...
No need for *******s and insults. Care to explain?