Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > google being hammered?

google being hammered?

Andrew

http://print.google.com/ (new page, pretty cool)

trying to go there now and its redirected here:
http://www.google.com/sorry/?continu...nt.google.com/

with this text:
We're sorry...

.... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
images in order to proceed.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Yeah, they're being hammered all right:
<http://news.com.com/Authors+Guild+su...+project/2100-
1030_3-5875384.html>

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <RSj%e.15361$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
>If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
>images in order to proceed.

Didn't you do what it said?

Andrew

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In article <RSj%e.15361$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
>>If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
>>images in order to proceed.

> Didn't you do what it said?

Yea i did
Just informing others of it

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In article <RSj%e.15361$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
>>>If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
>>>images in order to proceed.

>> Didn't you do what it said?

>Yea i did
>Just informing others of it

I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it wasn't
necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google, but some
other machine in your department/company.

Andrew

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>>Didn't you do what it said?

>>Yea i did
>>Just informing others of it

> I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it wasn't
> necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google, but some
> other machine in your department/company.

Heh, i actually presumed that if anyone went to the site they would get
the same message

a post with the link to the print.google.com did go out to a mailing
list.. im guessing EVERYONE went there at the same time

Andrew

Andrew wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Yea i did
>>> Just informing others of it

>> I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it
>> wasn't necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google,
>> but some other machine in your department/company.

> Heh, i actually presumed that if anyone went to the site they would get
> the same message
>
> a post with the link to the print.google.com did go out to a mailing
> list.. im guessing EVERYONE went there at the same time

a mailing list as in one inside company

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it
>>> wasn't necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google,
>>> but some other machine in your department/company.

>> Heh, i actually presumed that if anyone went to the site they would get
>> the same message
>>
>> a post with the link to the print.google.com did go out to a mailing
>> list.. im guessing EVERYONE went there at the same time
>>

>a mailing list as in one inside company

Ah, that might explain it. Instead of being "slashdotted", they were
"weta'd".