Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > computerised beer mat anyone?

computerised beer mat anyone?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26570

GERMAN BOFFS HAVE come up with an interactive beer mat that is linked to
a computer behind the bar.

The beer mat, which is packed with more sensors than the Starship
Enterprise will analyse the size of the glass, divide this by the amount
left in the glass and work out if you need a top up. If it can see that
you need more booze it will draft an urgent email to the barman who is
supposed to come over and ask if you would like a top up.

You can tell that the German boffins don't get out much. If they did,
they would know that it didnít matter how many emails you send the bar,
they will be ignored while the barman serves someone else. Usually they
will be more interested in the very tall leggie frau who is much more
servable than a beer drinking techie with a fancy beer mat.

The other downside is that the beer mat costs over $100 to make and
weighs 110 grams. There is absolutely no way at all you can use them to
build a house of cards.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

How would you use one if you don't have any computerised beer?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> How would you use one if you don't have any computerised beer?

hmmm, back to the lab boys... make me some computerised beer.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Squirrel

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:09:38 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> How would you use one if you don't have any computerised beer?

>hmmm, back to the lab boys... make me some computerised beer.

damn makes nicking bar mats in a legue of its own really

Squirrel

And remember be nice to straights, it takes two of them to make one of you

Boy George

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:09:38 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>> How would you use one if you don't have any computerised beer?

>>hmmm, back to the lab boys... make me some computerised beer.

>damn makes nicking bar mats in a legue of its own really

Just as well I guess, since it was costing bar owners and arm and a
legue...

Squirrel

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:57:33 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:09:38 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>hmmm, back to the lab boys... make me some computerised beer.

>>damn makes nicking bar mats in a legue of its own really

>Just as well I guess, since it was costing bar owners and arm and a
>legue...

funny thing is, no matter how many I ave flogged over the years, I
have no idea where I have put any of them.

Did better flogging cocktail glasses, best mate was in a wheelchair
(until they buried her) we ordered **** loads of cocktails and got
legless (easier for her) then hid all the glasses around the
wheelchair and jangled out, the bith never even left me one in her
will, but I am sure I heard her coffin jangle on the way down

Squirrel
And remember be nice to straights, it takes two of them to make one of you

Boy George

To mat or not to mat? Paul Ciszek Digital Photography 8 09-08-2012 04:00 PM
Ulti-Mat Add 'n Slide Review at XYZ Computing Silverstrand Front Page News 0 09-29-2005 01:47 PM
Ulti-Mat Revolutionary Mouse Pad @ A True Review Silverstrand Front Page News 0 08-09-2005 02:13 PM
Mouse Mat KerplunKuK Computer Support 8 05-25-2004 04:00 AM
dye v. pigment and glossy v. mat? David Ellis Digital Photography 13 10-23-2003 11:30 PM

Advertisments