Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon on P2p

Orcon on P2p

kevin cosgrove

Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
Thanks

Mike_P

"kevin cosgrove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
> Thanks

Yep !

Mike_P

steve

kevin cosgrove wrote:

> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
> Thanks

Don't appear to if you use UBS, the gnutella network and random IP ports.

The latest plan sees you paying $10 for each additional 10GB of quota....and
at that price I won't be taking much notice of usage.

-=rjh=-

Mike_P wrote:
> "kevin cosgrove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
>>Thanks

> Yep !
>
> Mike_P

Nope!

wogers nemesis

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:22:44 +1200, kevin cosgrove wrote:

> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
> Thanks

No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them

~misfit~

wogers nemesis wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:22:44 +1200, kevin cosgrove wrote:
>
>> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
>> Thanks

> No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them

Exactly. While I wait for my upgrade to the new plan (ordered 13th sept, due
to be implimented 10th Oct) I thought I'd run eMule and grab a few DivXs
that I want to see. Got Pulp Fiction OK but, since then my eMule traffic has
slowed to a crawl despite having multiple sources. It seems that I can't
upload anymore so therefore don't get credit for downloads. No settings
changed, just happened overnight.
--
~misfit~

Craig Sutton

news:433d4a1f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> wogers nemesis wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:22:44 +1200, kevin cosgrove wrote:
> >
> >> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
> >> Thanks

> > No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them

> Exactly. While I wait for my upgrade to the new plan (ordered 13th sept,

due
> to be implimented 10th Oct) I thought I'd run eMule and grab a few DivXs
> that I want to see. Got Pulp Fiction OK but, since then my eMule traffic

has
> slowed to a crawl despite having multiple sources. It seems that I can't
> upload anymore so therefore don't get credit for downloads. No settings
> changed, just happened overnight.
> --
> ~misfit~

See cdfreaks site.. seems edonkey has been shutdown..

~misfit~

Craig Sutton wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:433d4a1f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> wogers nemesis wrote:

>>> No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them

>> Exactly. While I wait for my upgrade to the new plan (ordered 13th
>> sept, due to be implimented 10th Oct) I thought I'd run eMule and
>> grab a few DivXs that I want to see. Got Pulp Fiction OK but, since
>> then my eMule traffic has slowed to a crawl despite having multiple
>> sources. It seems that I can't upload anymore so therefore don't get
>> credit for downloads. No settings changed, just happened overnight.
>> --
>> ~misfit~
>>

> See cdfreaks site.. seems edonkey has been shutdown..

Wow. Ok, thanks for that Craig. Time to uninstall it I guess.
--
~misfit~

ANNC: Reliable Software LLC Advances P2P Version Control technology by including a P2P Wiki and Bug Database with the upcoming release of Code Co-op 5.0 relisoft C++ 1 07-11-2006 12:12 AM
Orcon P2P gone south again. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 44 01-15-2006 10:23 AM
Rant: Orcon and P2P Mark NZ Computing 15 08-09-2005 06:17 AM
Orcon and P2P: Limiting? Mark NZ Computing 21 07-17-2005 08:39 PM
Is orcon limiting p2p bandwidth on UBS? Bottle Boy NZ Computing 36 02-23-2005 11:54 PM

Advertisments