Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla Thunderbird Email NOT capturing clicked email links...

Mozilla Thunderbird Email NOT capturing clicked email links...

AJPDLA

Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.

I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
"feature" ceased to work.

Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email links
and enter the appropriate information within the program?

Thanks.

Aaron

Moz Champion (Dan)

AJPDLA wrote:
> Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
> working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
> get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
> subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.
>
> I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
> "feature" ceased to work.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email
> links and enter the appropriate information within the program?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Aaron

From your header it appears you are using Thunderbird 1.5 on a Windows
platform. Is this correct? You really should mention this in the text <g>

Can you provide a link to a site where you experience this problem -
there may be other issues than just Thunderbird and it helps to check it
out.

Have you tried a new profile as a test?

Hendrik Maryns

AJPDLA

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> AJPDLA wrote:
>> Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
>> working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
>> get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
>> subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.
>>
>> I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
>> "feature" ceased to work.
>>
>> Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email
>> links and enter the appropriate information within the program?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Aaron

> From your header it appears you are using Thunderbird 1.5 on a Windows
> platform. Is this correct? You really should mention this in the text <g>
>
> Can you provide a link to a site where you experience this problem -
> there may be other issues than just Thunderbird and it helps to check it
> out.
>
> Have you tried a new profile as a test?

Sorry. Yes, I am on Windows XP, running Thunderbird AND Firefox. I am
having problems capturing and also even now sending links through the
emailer, as well.

Any site on cragslist.org will cause the problem as well as many others.

I will try the new profile you mention.

Thanks all.

Aaron

Jedi Fans

On 08/04/06 17:34, AJPDLA Scribbled:
> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> AJPDLA wrote:
>>> Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
>>> working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
>>> get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
>>> subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.
>>>
>>> I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
>>> "feature" ceased to work.
>>>
>>> Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email
>>> links and enter the appropriate information within the program?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Aaron

>> From your header it appears you are using Thunderbird 1.5 on a
>> Windows platform. Is this correct? You really should mention this in
>> the text <g>
>>
>> Can you provide a link to a site where you experience this problem -
>> there may be other issues than just Thunderbird and it helps to check
>> it out.
>>
>> Have you tried a new profile as a test?

> Sorry. Yes, I am on Windows XP, running Thunderbird AND Firefox. I am
> having problems capturing and also even now sending links through the
> emailer, as well.
>
> Any site on cragslist.org will cause the problem as well as many others.
>
> I will try the new profile you mention.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Aaron

Within Firefox, type about:config into the location bar and hit
enter/Go.
Filter for "app.mailto" no quotation marks. If nothing is found,
right click in the area where the results should appear, select
new>string
For "preference name" you want "network.protocol-handler.app.mailto"
with the value being the path to thunderbird.exe [for example
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe"

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>