Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Tinking Drive - temperature related

Tinking Drive - temperature related

Matt

> I have an unusual/weird problem - my hard drive tink's whenever the case
> temp is over 30oC.

Discovered that flashing my bios to the lastest version fixed this problem.
It also reduced my CPU temp by 15 degrees while running seti, very strange!
However working.

Cheers all.

Murray Symon

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:43:29 +1300, Matt wrote:

>> I have an unusual/weird problem - my hard drive tink's whenever the case
>> temp is over 30oC.

> Discovered that flashing my bios to the lastest version fixed this
> problem. It also reduced my CPU temp by 15 degrees while running seti,
> very strange! However working.
>
> Cheers all.

Probably didn't lower the actual CPU temp much, if at all.
They probably changed the sensor algorithm (for better or worse).