Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Skype free internet phone calls

Skype free internet phone calls

Alan

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:432e47dd$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Are we talking about the same site?? I don't see any Futek on any
>> left hand bar..

> Same here

Main site:

http://www.tradetech.co.nz/

On my screen I see (left hand bar) main headings as follows:

Retail customers
Trade customers
Trade Tech

Under 'Trade Tech' there is a list as follows:

Products
Latest Products
Profile
Our Team
Contact Us
Links
Newsletters
What's New?
Futekfone

Click on the last one.

Alternatively, this is the link it takes you to:

http://www.tradetech.co.nz/futekfone...rnet_phone.php

HTH,

Alan.

Alan

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> The main site comes ok, but this page is 404.

Is the link wrapping and losing part in your newsreader perhaps?

I get that quite often.

This is an alternative link direct to the Futek page:

http://tinyurl.com/ak8fy

HTH,

Alan.

Mauricio Freitas

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fIsXe.12961$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in message news:432e47dd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>>> Are we talking about the same site?? I don't see any Futek on any
>>> left hand bar..

>> Same here
>>

> Main site:
>
> http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
>
> On my screen I see (left hand bar) main headings as follows:
>
> Retail customers
> Trade customers
> Trade Tech
>

> Under 'Trade Tech' there is a list as follows:
>
> Products
> Latest Products
> Profile
> Our Team
> Contact Us
> Links
> Newsletters
> What's New?
> Futekfone
>
> Click on the last one.

This page is now showing... But the main site was showing only Spare
components, OEM Components, Basic Stamp, Line Sharing on the left side.

Perhaps this was an old version cached on a transparent proxy at Paradise,
because with a forced refresh (CTRL F5) it is now showing what you say.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Fishb8

I can't get my microphone to work. I think it is a directplay related
problem.

google search indicates many many others with same problem but i cannot
locate a solution.

microsoft knowledge base resolution did NOT resolve??!!
Tried this too but no joy!
The solution involves reconfiguring some advanced sound settings and
tweaking the Registry. Start by opening the Control Panel and selecting the
Sounds And Audio Devices icon (in the Sounds, Speech, And Audio Devices
category). Choose the Voice tab, locate the Voice Playback heading, and
click the Advanced button. From the Advanced Audio Properties dialog box,
choose its Performance tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to the
right. It doesn't matter how far to the right, as long as the Hardware
Acceleration slider is set to something other than None. Click OK to close
the dialog boxes.

Before continuing to the next phase of the solution, you must make sure
Dpvsetup.exe isnít open and running on your PC. Press the CTRL-ALT-DELETE
key combination to access the Task Manager and locate any references to
Dpvsetup.exe or DirectPlay Voice. End all of them and close the Task
Manager.

Now itís time to edit the Registry. Open the Start menu, select Run, type
regedit in the Open field, and click OK. In the Registry Editor, locate and
highlight HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\DIRECTPLAY\VO ICE\AUDIOCONFIG.
The AudioConfig key should include a pair of nested folders labeled with
hexadecimal numbers. Open both of them to reveal several Registry values,
including three labeled as FullDuplex, HalfDuplex, and MicDetected.

Right-click the FullDuplex value and select Modify from the pop-up menu. In
the resulting Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 3 in the Value Data field
and click OK. Repeat the procedure for the HalfDuplex and MicDetected
values, setting the Edit Value fields to 3 for HalfDuplex and 2 for
MicDetected. Close the Registry Editor and reboot the computer. The
microphone should now work correctly. If it doesnít, you may have a
malfunctioning microphone or Game Voice control pad on your hands.

An error occurred during Directplay Voice setup. The error code is
0x80004005
Windows error message "Windows cannot execute DpvSetup.exe, use Add/Remove
Programs control panel to install"

I have XP prof. and DirectX 9.0c and all up to date drivers
Tried all the remedies suggested and I'm still stuck

XP Pro AMD P3200, 64, 1 Gb, MSI mb
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow,
~2.3GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 345MB used, 2113MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: /Silent
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit UnicodeRoy
Help!

Mutlley

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:fIsXe.12961$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Same here
>>>

>> Main site:
>>
>> http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
>>
>> On my screen I see (left hand bar) main headings as follows:
>>
>> Retail customers
>> Trade customers
>> Trade Tech
>>

>> Under 'Trade Tech' there is a list as follows:
>>
>> Products
>> Latest Products
>> Profile
>> Our Team
>> Contact Us
>> Links
>> Newsletters
>> What's New?
>> Futekfone
>>
>> Click on the last one.
>>

>This page is now showing... But the main site was showing only Spare
>components, OEM Components, Basic Stamp, Line Sharing on the left side.
>
>Perhaps this was an old version cached on a transparent proxy at Paradise,
>because with a forced refresh (CTRL F5) it is now showing what you say.

No matter what I try I don't see it..

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Fishb8 wrote:
> I can't get my microphone to work. I think it is a directplay related
> problem.

what tells you that it is direct play related?

Does the mic show anything when you double click on the volume control
icon down by the clock? not muted?

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Fishb8

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fishb8 wrote:
>> I can't get my microphone to work. I think it is a directplay related
>> problem.

> what tells you that it is direct play related?
>
> Does the mic show anything when you double click on the volume control
> icon down by the clock? not muted?
>
> --
> http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Hi Dave
Nothing's muted, my microphone works on other systems. The DPV
(directplayvoice) makes me think it's DirectPlay related, but I'm not sure.

Mauricio Freitas

"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:fIsXe.12961$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> Main site:
>>>
>>> http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
>>>

>>This page is now showing... But the main site was showing only Spare
>>components, OEM Components, Basic Stamp, Line Sharing on the left side.
>>
>>Perhaps this was an old version cached on a transparent proxy at Paradise,
>>because with a forced refresh (CTRL F5) it is now showing what you say.

> No matter what I try I don't see it..

Doesn't matter really. It is not a phone - it is a headset but instead of
the standard form factor (headset + microphone) it is an all in one design
that resembles a phone handset. There's nothing much, a couple of cables
running out (Speaker Out, Mic In) and you plug directly to a sound card - in
effect replacing the speaker/mic on your computer.

Can't compare with the dualphone in terms of functionality, really. That's
why cheaper.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

wrote in message news:432e9bd6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Perhaps this was an old version cached on a transparent proxy at
> Paradise, because with a forced refresh (CTRL F5) it is now showing
> what you say.

We you learn something new every day.

That page with the Futek link has been there for some months at least,
so I guess Paradise don't update their cache very often.

Does that mean that we could have the same issue with other sites that
appear to be static but aren't?

Is there any way to stop our ISPs from crippling our surfing like
that? I am on Woosh, not paradise, but presumably if one ISP does it,
then the others might be too?

Thanks,

Alan.

Alan

"Fishb8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsrEXe.13036$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I can't get my microphone to work. I think it is a directplay

related
> problem.

Did you try running DirectX diagnostics?

If not, it might be worth a try if you have a similar problem again.

From the run prompt enter:

dxdiag

and then click OK.

HTH,