Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > missing circles round pointer.

missing circles round pointer.

geopelia

If I couldn't see the arrow pointer, I used to press Ctrl and flashing
circles would appear around it. (Windows ME).

Now this doesn't work. I have just installed PC-cillin 2005, but it may have
been happening before that.

Is there any easy way to get the circles back? I don't know much technical
stuff.

Geopelia

Ralph Fox

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:07:15 +1200, in article
<H_mVe.10902$(E-Mail Removed)>, geopelia wrote:

> If I couldn't see the arrow pointer, I used to press Ctrl and flashing
> circles would appear around it. (Windows ME).
>
> Now this doesn't work. I have just installed PC-cillin 2005, but it may have
> been happening before that.
>
> Is there any easy way to get the circles back? I don't know much technical
> stuff.

Open the Control Panel,
open the "Mouse" icon in the Control Panel,
select the "visibility" tab,
put a tick in the box labelled...
[x] Show location of pointer when you press the CTRL key

--
Cheers,
Ralph

geopelia

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:07:15 +1200, in article
> <H_mVe.10902$(E-Mail Removed)>, geopelia wrote:
>
> > If I couldn't see the arrow pointer, I used to press Ctrl and flashing
> > circles would appear around it. (Windows ME).
> >
> > Now this doesn't work. I have just installed PC-cillin 2005, but it may

have
> > been happening before that.
> >
> > Is there any easy way to get the circles back? I don't know much

technical
> > stuff.

> Open the Control Panel,
> open the "Mouse" icon in the Control Panel,
> select the "visibility" tab,
> put a tick in the box labelled...
> [x] Show location of pointer when you press the CTRL key
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Ralph
>
> The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

That put it right.
Very useful, if the pointer gets lost off the screen.

Thanks for your help.

Geopelia