Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Turnip Head (Shane)

Turnip Head (Shane)

H.O.G

In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.

This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
banned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

It is also archived here, in case they are successful with their
censorship:
http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

Matty F

H.O.G wrote:

> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>
> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
> banned.

Why would anyone want it banned? Turnips can be worth a great
deal of money:

http://hem.passagen.se/dunsel/ba3-1.htm

Baldrick: I spent it.
Edmund: You spent it? What could *you* possibly spend 400,000
pounds on?
(Baldrick slowly looks toward the turnip, smiling. Edmund finally
notices it.)
Edmund: Oh, no... Oh, God, don't tell me...
Baldrick: ...my Dream Turnip.
Edmund: Baldrick, how did you manage to find a turnip that cost
400,000 pounds?
Baldrick: Well, I had to haggle...

thiago_bagua@yahoo.com

Great Black Adder episode!

Shane

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:26:55 +1200, H.O.G wrote:

> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>
> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head
>
> It is also archived here, in case they are successful with their
> censorship:
> http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

er.. how did I (or anyone) try to get it banned?
ohhh right because wikipedia doesnt appreciate idiots wasting their
resources

H.O.G

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:26:55 +1200, H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke these
fine words:

>In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>
>This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
>banned.

Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
censored:
http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

Dave - Dave.net.nz

H.O.G wrote:
>>In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>>This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
>>banned.

> Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
> censored:
> http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

un-censor it then... thats what a community encyclopedia is for.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

kiwigal

"H.O.G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>
> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
> banned.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

Boys will be boys-

"The term has recently reappeared on Usenet, and is commonly used to
describe posters who consistently make unintelligent comments."

Anyone here not guilty sometimes?

Shane

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:19:22 +1200, kiwigal wrote:

> "H.O.G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>>
>> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

> Boys will be boys-
>
> "The term has recently reappeared on Usenet, and is commonly used to
> describe posters who consistently make unintelligent comments."
>
> Anyone here not guilty sometimes?

Do we include claims 'Bill Gates was born into poverty' as unintelligent?

H.O.G

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:21:55 +1200, Shane <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net>
spoke these fine words:

>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:19:22 +1200, kiwigal wrote:
>

>> "H.O.G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
>>>
>>> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

>> Boys will be boys-
>>
>> "The term has recently reappeared on Usenet, and is commonly used to
>> describe posters who consistently make unintelligent comments."
>>
>> Anyone here not guilty sometimes?

>Do we include claims 'Bill Gates was born into poverty' as unintelligent?

Well, considering you're the only one that has claimed this, I guess
we would.

Redbaiter

Dave - Dave.net.nz says
> H.O.G wrote:
> >>In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
> >>This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
> >>banned.

> > Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
> > censored:
> > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

> un-censor it then... thats what a community encyclopedia is for.

Can't you wankers take this **** somewhere else..?? Here was the
pathological psychotic Skateboard a few days ago cheering
because he was finally being ignored by Redbaiter and others,
and after that, he can't wait to get into the same kind of
confrontation with a fresh bunch of posters.. People who indulge
in such psychotic behaviour patterns are pathological losers who
need psychiatric treatment.. its a shame they plague discussion
groups with their self centered insane behaviour..