Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless connection with the roaming user profile and mapped drive?

wireless connection with the roaming user profile and mapped drive?

Karen

Hi all,

can your guys point me how to get the wireless connection working with the
roaming user profile and the mapped drives in the LAN. Currently, i am using
Windows 2003 enterprise server as the domain controller. I connected a
negear wireless access point for the wireless laptops (Dell
DI800)access....The problem is: when the user used the wireless connection
to log in, he wont get his roaming profile and the mapped drive straight
away. what i have to do is to run the logon script....as far as i am aware,
i do understand there was no any connection to the server until the user
logged on. i can see the wireless connection would connect in a few mins
after the user logged on...i searched the article from this forum and did
understand i should set up the computer account in the
domain..bla..bla...but i cant totally understand how to do it. can your guys
give me a clear direction please? tks in advance.

Cheers,

Karen