Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Component video output from a PC

Component video output from a PC

frog

> Since when did "component" come to mean Y/Pb/Pr? RGB is "component" too.

I am aware of this, but apparenlty these sets will give a better
picture with Y/Pr/Pb than RGB. Why? Not at all sure, but I might as
well go for what it will display best. It will input either signal
happily enough.

Richard

frog wrote:

> Your quite correct in that their PCIe cards - It just so happens that I
> ordered a pair if new motherboards, a couple of new CPU's and the
> video cards all at the same time - I had someone approach me wanting a
> couple of box's upgraded - they were happy to have second hand gear, so
> that, and some other work I did for them paid for the new bits and
> pices. Now I am just trying to figure out how to get my A8N SLI to stop
> getting HDD acess noise on the audio outputs - even the SPDIF!

Mute the microphone is all it takes for me normally, worse on motherboards with
the headers right at the front for the front sockets.

Richard

Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:

>>While I appreciate most peoples suggestions, most dont actually
>>point me to something that will do _component_ ( Y/Pb/Pr )...

> Since when did "component" come to mean Y/Pb/Pr? RGB is "component" too.

Since it became the name used on every DVD player and TV made in the last few years.

My TV has it called DVD, which is silly since I have the PS2 in there and the
DVD on the svideo since it makes more difference on the console.

Rob J

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:58:12 +1200, Lawrence DčOliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> "frog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>While I appreciate most peoples suggestions, most dont actually
>>point me to something that will do _component_ ( Y/Pb/Pr )...

>Since when did "component" come to mean Y/Pb/Pr? RGB is "component" too.

RGB requires additional connections (1 - 2 for sync). Essentially VGA
uses RGB with 2 sync signals.

frog

> Mute the microphone is all it takes for me normally, worse on motherboards with
> the headers right at the front for the front sockets.

I have tried that - even muted ALL inputs - and it still does it.
****ing me right off! Ah well, will drop the old SB live back in there
I guess. I think that it has better sound quality anyway.

You would think that a company such as ASUS would be able to get
something like this right. I have tried re routing the cables,
different cables, different PSU, different hard drives ( optical drives
do it too ) and its not making the slightest difference.