Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Component video output from a PC

Component video output from a PC

frog

> You're quite right - my apologies
>
> Most interesting thread btw.

No problem.. I spashed out and ordered a pair of 6600GT's today.. At
least now I will have 2 box's which will play games well

I actually got an SLI link for them too, so oneday I may even put them
both in my PC and see where that takes me in BF 2 and BF Vietnam

big cat

On 12 Sep 2005 23:28:13 -0700, "frog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> You're quite right - my apologies
>>
>> Most interesting thread btw.

>No problem.. I spashed out and ordered a pair of 6600GT's today.. At
>least now I will have 2 box's which will play games well
>
>I actually got an SLI link for them too, so oneday I may even put them
>both in my PC and see where that takes me in BF 2 and BF Vietnam

But did they come with the Component video cable..

Some boards don't

big cat

On 12 Sep 2005 23:28:13 -0700, "frog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> You're quite right - my apologies
>>
>> Most interesting thread btw.

>No problem.. I spashed out and ordered a pair of 6600GT's today.. At
>least now I will have 2 box's which will play games well
>
>I actually got an SLI link for them too, so oneday I may even put them
>both in my PC and see where that takes me in BF 2 and BF Vietnam

These are Not AGP Cards as the AGP does not support SLI, you have to have a
PCIe MoBo for this..

Have you made a mistake and got the Wrong cards..?

Bret

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:44:38 +1200, big cat <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 12 Sep 2005 23:28:13 -0700, "frog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>> You're quite right - my apologies
>>>
>>> Most interesting thread btw.

>>No problem.. I spashed out and ordered a pair of 6600GT's today.. At
>>least now I will have 2 box's which will play games well
>>
>>I actually got an SLI link for them too, so oneday I may even put them
>>both in my PC and see where that takes me in BF 2 and BF Vietnam

>These are Not AGP Cards as the AGP does not support SLI, you have to have a
>PCIe MoBo for this..
>
>Have you made a mistake and got the Wrong cards..?

Hmm,

'The Video card I currently have is a Leadtek GF 5200
and also a GF4 MX460"

Those are agp cards.

XP

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:11:14 +1200, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:44:38 +1200, big cat <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

>>>No problem.. I spashed out and ordered a pair of 6600GT's today.. At
>>>least now I will have 2 box's which will play games well
>>>
>>>I actually got an SLI link for them too, so oneday I may even put them
>>>both in my PC and see where that takes me in BF 2 and BF Vietnam

>>These are Not AGP Cards as the AGP does not support SLI, you have to have a
>>PCIe MoBo for this..
>>
>>Have you made a mistake and got the Wrong cards..?
>>

>Hmm,
>
>'The Video card I currently have is a Leadtek GF 5200
>and also a GF4 MX460"
>
>Those are agp cards.

This Post was for Frog as he needs Component video output and its not
supported on older cards..

Bret

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:49:00 +1200, XP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:11:14 +1200, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:44:38 +1200, big cat <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>These are Not AGP Cards as the AGP does not support SLI, you have to have a
>>>PCIe MoBo for this..
>>>
>>>Have you made a mistake and got the Wrong cards..?
>>>

>>Hmm,
>>
>>'The Video card I currently have is a Leadtek GF 5200
>>and also a GF4 MX460"
>>
>>Those are agp cards.

>This Post was for Frog as he needs Component video output and its not
>supported on older cards..

Yes I know Roger, the quote is from his original post.

XP

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:58:19 +1200, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:49:00 +1200, XP
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:11:14 +1200, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Hmm,
>>>
>>>'The Video card I currently have is a Leadtek GF 5200
>>>and also a GF4 MX460"
>>>
>>>Those are agp cards.

>>This Post was for Frog as he needs Component video output and its not
>>supported on older cards..
>>

>Yes I know Roger, the quote is from his original post.

But he stated that he bought 2 GF 6600GT they come in AGP & PCIe versions.

frog

> These are Not AGP Cards as the AGP does not support SLI, you have to have a
> PCIe MoBo for this..
>
> Have you made a mistake and got the Wrong cards..?

Your quite correct in that their PCIe cards - It just so happens that I
ordered a pair if new motherboards, a couple of new CPU's and the
video cards all at the same time - I had someone approach me wanting a
couple of box's upgraded - they were happy to have second hand gear, so
that, and some other work I did for them paid for the new bits and
pices. Now I am just trying to figure out how to get my A8N SLI to stop
getting HDD acess noise on the audio outputs - even the SPDIF!

Bret

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:25:52 +1200, XP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:58:19 +1200, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:49:00 +1200, XP
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>This Post was for Frog as he needs Component video output and its not
>>>supported on older cards..
>>>

>>Yes I know Roger, the quote is from his original post.

>But he stated that he bought 2 GF 6600GT they come in AGP & PCIe versions.

Can't you recognise someone agreeing with you?

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"frog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>While I appreciate most peoples suggestions, most dont actually
>point me to something that will do _component_ ( Y/Pb/Pr )...

Since when did "component" come to mean Y/Pb/Pr? RGB is "component" too.