Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > This would be cool, for online banking.

This would be cool, for online banking.

Shane

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:25:23 +1200, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net>,
> Shane <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote:
>>How the heck would they enforce that?

> Digital signatures ... write-once media ...

well.. I suppose that will make them feel better, if nothing else

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <KSwVe.11083$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote
>in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Odd that it doesn't say that the electronic form has to have _some_
>> resistance against tampering...

>There is generally no specific reference to tampering in any other
>legislation with respect to paper based records except insofar as the
>general provisions of the fraud legislation applies equally no matter
>what the carrying media for an given information is.
>
>If the tampering is fraud, then it would be ilegal irrespective of
>whether it was done by amending a paper based or electronic document I
>guess.

So there is separate legislation covering the issue? OK then.

Alan

"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> So there is separate legislation covering the issue? OK then.

I guess, but your point is an interesting one nevertheless.

Alan.

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <EpPVe.11392$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
>message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> So there is separate legislation covering the issue? OK then.

>I guess, but your point is an interesting one nevertheless.

I was thinking along the lines of "you must take all reasonable steps to
ensure that your electronic records cannot (easily) be tampered with".

Alan

"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I was thinking along the lines of "you must take all reasonable
> steps to ensure that your electronic records cannot (easily) be
> tampered with".

I agree, but then I think that such a statement should (and perhaps it
does already) appear in any legislation that requires any kind of
records to be maintained, irrespective of whether they are electronic
or not.

Alan.