Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Gigabeat

Reply
Thread Tools

Gigabeat

 
 
Squirrel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005
Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:

Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
ON THIS HDD

Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
flattened. Recharge battery and same message

Any ideas??

Squirrel


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005
Squirrel wrote:
> rang Toshiba
> who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
> fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
> ON THIS HDD


> Any ideas??


Ring them back.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Squirrel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:01:55 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Squirrel wrote:
>> rang Toshiba
>> who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
>> fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
>> ON THIS HDD

>
>> Any ideas??

>
>Ring them back.


It took me three calls to get someone who spoke enough english for me
to get even a remote idea what to do. I suspect they gave me the
wrong info. Have decided to drop it into the shop on my way out
today, at least I wont be without something important if they send it
away.

Squirrel
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roger_Nickel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005
Squirrel wrote:
> Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:
>
> Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
> who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
> fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
> ON THIS HDD
>
> Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
> flattened. Recharge battery and same message
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Squirrel
>
>

Get your money back. Not a product of "acceptable quality" under
the Consumer Guarantees Act nor one "of merchantable quality" and
"reasonably fit for purpose" in terms of the Sale Of Goods Act 1908.
 
Reply With Quote
 
XP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:24:01 +1200, Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:
>
>Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
>who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
>fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
>ON THIS HDD
>
>Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
>flattened. Recharge battery and same message
>
>Any ideas??
>
>Squirrel
>




Yes Read the #$%^&* Manual..


 
Reply With Quote
 
Squirrel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:19:23 +1200, Roger_Nickel <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Squirrel wrote:
>> Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:
>>
>> Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
>> who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
>> fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
>> ON THIS HDD
>>
>> Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
>> flattened. Recharge battery and same message
>>
>> Any ideas??
>>
>> Squirrel
>>
>>

>Get your money back. Not a product of "acceptable quality" under
>the Consumer Guarantees Act nor one "of merchantable quality" and
>"reasonably fit for purpose" in terms of the Sale Of Goods Act 1908.


Thanx for that, took it back expecting an argument, guy just opened a
new one and replaced the faulty unit, surprised to say the least

Squirrel


 
Reply With Quote
 
Squirrel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2005

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:02:57 +1200, XP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:24:01 +1200, Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:
>>
>>Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
>>who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
>>fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
>>ON THIS HDD
>>
>>Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
>>flattened. Recharge battery and same message
>>
>>Any ideas??
>>
>>Squirrel
>>

>
>
>
>Yes Read the #$%^&* Manual..
>

It has two manuals, and I read both thankyou Mr Smart Ass

Squirrel


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2005
XP wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:24:01 +1200, Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:
>>
>>Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
>>who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
>>fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
>>ON THIS HDD
>>
>>Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
>>flattened. Recharge battery and same message
>>
>>Any ideas??
>>
>>Squirrel
>>

>
>
>
>
> Yes Read the #$%^&* Manual..
>
>

In theory the helpdesk is another form of the manual... it was wrong
 
Reply With Quote
 
Squirrel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2005
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:49:20 +1200, Andrew
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>XP wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:24:01 +1200, Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Toshiba Gigabeat Mp3 Player:
>>>
>>>Wanted to erase playlist, no obvious means to do this, rang Toshiba
>>>who suggested I format the HDD. Did so. Reloaded one album, worked
>>>fine, then out of the blue came up with error message NO SYSTEM FOUND
>>>ON THIS HDD
>>>
>>>Unable to turn machine off, error message remains until battery
>>>flattened. Recharge battery and same message
>>>
>>>Any ideas??
>>>
>>>Squirrel
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Yes Read the #$%^&* Manual..
>>
>>

>In theory the helpdesk is another form of the manual... it was wrong


Took it back, they said what I suspected that the hard drive had
crashed and gave me a new one. Now I am too paranoid to load it in
case I make a mistake I dare not erase agin. Sweet FA online about it
except promo and review, can see why I got it free now but would have
preferred the F60 for several reasons, but mainly the headset had
controls. Current headset hurts my ear, thats singular, it wont fit
into the other one, but thats okay I use it when driving for work and
need to have a free ear for traffic.

Squirrel


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brendan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2005
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:07:21 +1200, Squirrel wrote:

>>Yes Read the #$%^&* Manual..
>>

> It has two manuals, and I read both thankyou Mr Smart Ass


You have been wogered.

Was it good for you ?

--

.... Brendan

#8102 +(5714)- [X]

<glome> Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?!
<content> glome stole the cookie from the cookie jar!
<glome> Who me?!
<content> Yes you!
<glome> Couldn't be!
<content> Then WHO?!!
<glome> Woody stole the cookie from the cookie jar!
*** glome has been kicked by DrWoody (**** you i didn't touch the
mother****ing cookie, bitch)


Note: All my comments are copyright 6/09/2005 11:11:32 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba Gigabeat FOR SALE Squirrel NZ Computing 0 02-10-2006 11:27 PM



Advertisments