Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Londoners are getting 24 mbps Broadband

Londoners are getting 24 mbps Broadband

XP

It seems that we are very far behind

https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do

This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

Nova

XP wrote:
> It seems that we are very far behind
>

> https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do
>
> This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

Yeah... would be nice..

Mackin

XP wrote:

> It seems that we are very far behind
>

> https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do
>
> This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

According to this article: http://tinyurl.com/dyp4f ADSL2+ is supposed to be
coming to NZ at the end of this year.

Mackin

Nova

Mackin wrote:
> XP wrote:
>

>>It seems that we are very far behind
>>

>>https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do
>>
>>This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

> According to this article: http://tinyurl.com/dyp4f ADSL2+ is supposed to be
> coming to NZ at the end of this year.
>
> Mackin

yeah that might be nice from a marketing point of view.. but considering
ADSL can go to what 8 megabits? and the highest speed ubs plans we have
are 2 megabits seems a bit of a joke..

The only unlimited plans we have are 256/128, well they are shaped
actually..

and doesn't telecom only allow 24kbits per customer of bandwidth?

Mackin

Nova wrote:

<snip>

>> According to this article: http://tinyurl.com/dyp4f ADSL2+ is supposed to
>> be coming to NZ at the end of this year.
>>
>> Mackin

> yeah that might be nice from a marketing point of view.. but considering
> ADSL can go to what 8 megabits? and the highest speed ubs plans we have
> are 2 megabits seems a bit of a joke..
>
> The only unlimited plans we have are 256/128, well they are shaped
> actually..
>
> and doesn't telecom only allow 24kbits per customer of bandwidth?

You're right, there's a lot of Telecom PR bullshit in that article. What
actually ends up being delivered will likely be a lot less than the
technology is capable of. And no doubt we'll have to pay top $$$ for it.

Bloody Telecom monopoly.

Mackin

news.xtra.co.nz

"Mackin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FPrRe.7543$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nova wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> According to this article: http://tinyurl.com/dyp4f ADSL2+ is supposed
>>> be coming to NZ at the end of this year.
>>>
>>> Mackin

>> yeah that might be nice from a marketing point of view.. but considering
>> ADSL can go to what 8 megabits? and the highest speed ubs plans we have
>> are 2 megabits seems a bit of a joke..
>>
>> The only unlimited plans we have are 256/128, well they are shaped
>> actually..
>>
>> and doesn't telecom only allow 24kbits per customer of bandwidth?

> You're right, there's a lot of Telecom PR bullshit in that article. What
> actually ends up being delivered will likely be a lot less than the
> technology is capable of. And no doubt we'll have to pay top $$$ for it.
>
> Bloody Telecom monopoly.
>
> Mackin

get better adsl in congo.

Harry

XP wrote:

> It seems that we are very far behind
>

> https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do
>
> This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

Australians also have 24 mbps - for some time now.

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:28:33 +1200 when I remembered XP

>It seems that we are very far behind

Yeah, we don't even have the same population as London, we've got ages
to go until we're like that.

Suffice to say, I'm kinda glad New Zealand (south of say, Mercer) is
the way it is.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Harry wrote:
> XP wrote:
>

>>It seems that we are very far behind
>>

>>https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do
>>
>>This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

> Australians also have 24 mbps - for some time now.

....I must have missed something, are you sure?

Mind you we're on 1.5Mbps with TPG, and 150+kb/s downloads are
kinda nice...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

Harry

Chris Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Harry wrote:
>> XP wrote:
>>

>>>It seems that we are very far behind
>>>

>>>https://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/productHome.do
>>>
>>>This also is due to the fact that the LL is now unbundled

>> Australians also have 24 mbps - for some time now.

> ...I must have missed something, are you sure?

Yes I am sure. It is called ADSL2+.
For example: http://adsl.internode.on.net