Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > cross posting

cross posting

Nova

Can someone tell me why this person who calls himself "XP" has to post
things into nz.comp that have 0 to do with nz.comp? - well maybe they
do, but I guess i am missing the connection.
Or if you are reading this XP, maybe you can tell me yourself.

I've seen two threads in the last few days
one posted just now on petrol prices
and one about car "winkers" or something

I don't really mind the odd post that is off topic it can be refreshing,
but now we have that person redbaiter in here, the last time I saw a
thread with him involved crossposted to nz.comp , thunderbird was asking
me if I wanted to download the most recent 500 posts...

Chris Hope

Nova wrote:

> Can someone tell me why this person who calls himself "XP" has to post
> things into nz.comp that have 0 to do with nz.comp? - well maybe they
> do, but I guess i am missing the connection.
> Or if you are reading this XP, maybe you can tell me yourself.
>
> I've seen two threads in the last few days
> one posted just now on petrol prices
> and one about car "winkers" or something
>
> I don't really mind the odd post that is off topic it can be
> refreshing, but now we have that person redbaiter in here, the last
> time I saw a thread with him involved crossposted to nz.comp ,
> thunderbird was asking me if I wanted to download the most recent 500
> posts...

XP is one of the many incarnations of Roger. Once you've been around a
while it's very easy to spot when he changes his posting name because
of the style of posting eg two full stops at the end of a sentance
instead of one, Use of Caps in Sentances where there shouldn't be. Not
to mention the slagging off of people if they disagree with him when it
comes to anything to do with hardware...

DoggNZ

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:39:21 +1200, Chris Hope
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip> Use of Caps in Sentances where there shouldn't be<snip>

LOL!!
--
SETI Stats
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/stats...j:1/trans:-off

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:35:18 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:43153548$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Can someone tell me why this person who calls himself "XP" has to post
> things into nz.comp that have 0 to do with nz.comp? - well maybe they
> do, but I guess i am missing the connection.
> Or if you are reading this XP, maybe you can tell me yourself.
>
> I've seen two threads in the last few days
> one posted just now on petrol prices
> and one about car "winkers" or something
>
> I don't really mind the odd post that is off topic it can be refreshing,
> but now we have that person redbaiter in here, the last time I saw a
> thread with him involved crossposted to nz.comp , thunderbird was asking
> me if I wanted to download the most recent 500 posts...

.... and the more you **** and moan and bitch and whinge about it, the more
they'll do it - it's the nature of the beast.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

.... One often gets much more than one asks for - not all of it necessarily
good.

Nova

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:35:18 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> <news:43153548$(E-Mail Removed)>:
>

>>Can someone tell me why this person who calls himself "XP" has to post
>>things into nz.comp that have 0 to do with nz.comp? - well maybe they
>>do, but I guess i am missing the connection.
>>Or if you are reading this XP, maybe you can tell me yourself.
>>
>>I've seen two threads in the last few days
>>one posted just now on petrol prices
>>and one about car "winkers" or something
>>
>>I don't really mind the odd post that is off topic it can be refreshing,
>>but now we have that person redbaiter in here, the last time I saw a
>>thread with him involved crossposted to nz.comp , thunderbird was asking
>>me if I wanted to download the most recent 500 posts...

> ... and the more you **** and moan and bitch and whinge about it, the more
> they'll do it - it's the nature of the beast.

lucky I wasn't ****ing, moaning, bitching or whinging then, any others
I left out?

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:59:48 +1200 when I remembered Nicolaas
Hawkins <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>... and the more you **** and moan and bitch and whinge about it, the more
>they'll do it - it's the nature of the beast.

A bit like eczema really, the more you touch and play with it, the
worse it gets.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Squirrel

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:35:18 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can someone tell me why this person who calls himself "XP" has to post
>things into nz.comp that have 0 to do with nz.comp? - well maybe they
>do, but I guess i am missing the connection.
>Or if you are reading this XP, maybe you can tell me yourself.
>
>I've seen two threads in the last few days
>one posted just now on petrol prices
>and one about car "winkers" or something
>
>I don't really mind the odd post that is off topic it can be refreshing,
>but now we have that person redbaiter in here, the last time I saw a
>thread with him involved crossposted to nz.comp , thunderbird was asking
>me if I wanted to download the most recent 500 posts...

nasty I agree, finding Redbaiter in your ng is like finding half a
maggot in your apple. I think there should be fines for transporting
such ameoba into wrong ng's. Like you I feel the odd cross post with
a skerik of interest is refreshing, but please, leave your boyfriend
behind, he gets around, hope you are safe

Squirrel

Squirrel

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:40:08 +1200, Waylon Kenning
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>T'was the Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:59:48 +1200 when I remembered Nicolaas
>Hawkins <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>... and the more you **** and moan and bitch and whinge about it, the more
>>they'll do it - it's the nature of the beast.

>A bit like eczema really, the more you touch and play with it, the
>worse it gets.

yes boys, a bit like your apparatus

Squirrel

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:38:45 +1200, Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in <news:(E-Mail Removed) >:

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:40:08 +1200, Waylon Kenning
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>T'was the Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:59:48 +1200 when I remembered Nicolaas
>>Hawkins <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>>
>>>... and the more you **** and moan and bitch and whinge about it, the more
>>>they'll do it - it's the nature of the beast.

>>A bit like eczema really, the more you touch and play with it, the
>>worse it gets.

> yes boys, a bit like your apparatus

Jealousy will get you ..........

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

.... The toilet isn't really engaged - it just shows a red flag.

Kerrie Felderton

Nova wrote:

> Can someone tell me why this person who calls himself "XP" has to post
> things into nz.comp that have 0 to do with nz.comp? - well maybe they
> do, but I guess i am missing the connection.

You were right the first time. They do have 0 to do with nz.comp.

Roger (XP's real name) posts things to nz.general. However, Roger is
too lazy to read nz.general so he crossposts to nz.comp where he will
read replies.

It was posted for people to read I don't read nz.general so can't you now see
my point..?

-- Roger Sheppard in message <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Or if you are reading this XP, maybe you can tell me yourself.

Roger sometimes complains about others posting things into nz.comp that
have 0 to do with nz.comp. (Roger sometimes posts a follow-up with
"WRONG NEWS GROUP" appended to the subject line.)

One might infer that in Roger's view, Roger (only) can post off-topic
things into nz.comp.

> I've seen two threads in the last few days
> one posted just now on petrol prices
> and one about car "winkers" or something
>
> I don't really mind the odd post that is off topic it can be refreshing,
> but now we have that person redbaiter in here, the last time I saw a
> thread with him involved crossposted to nz.comp , thunderbird was asking
> me if I wanted to download the most recent 500 posts...

--
Kerrie

CROSS-POSTING, OR MULTI-POSTING, OR NEITHER? Colin D Digital Photography 56 03-08-2006 08:31 PM
cross-posting? Jos Laarhoven Firefox 2 11-06-2004 11:08 PM
Cross posting Etiquette Next MCSD 8 05-21-2004 09:36 PM
CAB Files (sorry for cross - posting!) Alan Seunarayan ASP .Net 1 04-26-2004 10:43 PM

Advertisments