Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > re xp pro clean install

re xp pro clean install

peter

After a format then reinstall, it asks for my admin password, otherwise I
can't log in. Since I have formatted the h/d I would have thought that this
would have gone as well, I tried my original password but it doesn't work,
any clues??

Shane

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:58:42 +1200, peter wrote:

> After a format then reinstall, it asks for my admin password, otherwise I
> can't log in. Since I have formatted the h/d I would have thought that
> this would have gone as well, I tried my original password but it doesn't
> work,
> any clues??

youve tried no password?
or looked on google for "default password"?

peter

I tried no password, no luck, had a look at google but after the first 10
pages, gave up, am trying another format and reinstall, cheers for your help
"Shane" <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net...
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:58:42 +1200, peter wrote:
>
>> After a format then reinstall, it asks for my admin password, otherwise I
>> can't log in. Since I have formatted the h/d I would have thought that
>> this would have gone as well, I tried my original password but it
>> doesn't
>> work,
>> any clues??

> youve tried no password?
> or looked on google for "default password"?
> --
> Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
>
> The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.

peter

Problem solved with new format, thanks for the help
news:UcsQe.6676$(E-Mail Removed)...