Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > winamp replacement????

winamp replacement????

S Roby

Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)

Dont really want to use MS Media player

XP

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)le (S Roby) wrote:

>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>
>Dont really want to use MS Media player

I like this one supports all codecs.

http://www.quinnware.com/

If you wish to find one yourself here is a Large list.

http://www.dailymp3.com/players.html

One that I use is not on the list, it used to be stated that it was better
than Winamp, I will post the name when I can remember it..

Squirrel

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)le (S Roby) wrote:

>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>
>Dont really want to use MS Media player

Speaking of MP3 I scored a Toshiba M20 player when I got my notebook,
I think it equals a minipod and mine is a lesser model. 25 cds pumped
into it with room for double that or more, shame I didnt do it
properly online, couldnt wait lol

Squirrel

GraB

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)le (S Roby) wrote:

>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>
>Dont really want to use MS Media player

Who does? What version WinAmp are you talking about?

S Roby

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)le (S Roby) wrote:
>
>>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
>>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
>>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>>
>>Dont really want to use MS Media player

>Who does? What version WinAmp are you talking about?

I used to use Winamp 2.9?? (it was a long ago)

I just downloaded a few players, Zoom seems OK.
Im a bit worried about my system getting screwed after I try to uninstall the
players I dont like.

Nathan Mercer

S Roby wrote:
> Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
> I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
> to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>
> Dont really want to use MS Media player

Out of curiousity, why don't you want to use MS Media Player?

RadioNutter

Winamp V5.094 is a great program!
http://www.winamp.com/

Itunes is great too an allows you to use an Ipod if required.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/

In article <430ee7a4$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nathan Mercer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>S Roby wrote:
>> Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
>> I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
>> to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>>
>> Dont really want to use MS Media player

>Out of curiousity, why don't you want to use MS Media Player?

Its a resourse hog
Mplayer2.exe does work very well thougth(its MS MPlayer$$$$ without all the
frills)

XPD

"S Roby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsTyPe.6012$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
> I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
> to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>
> Dont really want to use MS Media player

I use Zinf quite a bit - fairly basic, but plays MP3s quite happily and
allows you to record streams easily (ie: di.fm)

-=rjh=-

S Roby wrote:
> Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
> I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
> to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
>
> Dont really want to use MS Media player

Jet audio works well.

Got rid of NSIS Media Popups Just uninstalled WinAmp and removed Winamp folder and NSIS folder Ed Computer Support 0 12-30-2006 01:27 AM
Firefox and WinAmp Doug Burgess Firefox 5 08-07-2005 12:59 PM
Embedding Winamp gavin HTML 5 05-06-2005 09:35 PM
Winamp files with Mozilla 1.6 ??? Pierre-Michel Fortin Firefox 1 06-04-2004 09:15 PM
Packing data for a win32 'C' style system call to Winamp. help please! Andy Perl 0 09-24-2003 01:18 PM

Advertisments