Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon UBS goes down again.

Orcon UBS goes down again.

~misfit~

Ok, it was only for 10 minutes at around 11am but it's getting to be a PITA.
I instantly rang their helpdesk and got an engaged signal.

This is happening every few days, and that's only the ones I notice. I am
unable to find out how to access the log in my router (if in fact there is
one) to tell me how often I'm losing the connection. All I could find was
where it said uptime 3 days and some odd hours. That was when I reset it
last time there was an outage of more than 15 minutes.
--
~misfit~

Nova

~misfit~ wrote:
> Ok, it was only for 10 minutes at around 11am but it's getting to be a PITA.
> I instantly rang their helpdesk and got an engaged signal.
>
> This is happening every few days, and that's only the ones I notice. I am
> unable to find out how to access the log in my router (if in fact there is
> one) to tell me how often I'm losing the connection. All I could find was
> where it said uptime 3 days and some odd hours. That was when I reset it
> last time there was an outage of more than 15 minutes.

Yeah I noticed it, but took it as on opportunity to have a break.
Nothing major

steve

~misfit~ wrote:

> Ok, it was only for 10 minutes at around 11am but it's getting to be a
> PITA. I instantly rang their helpdesk and got an engaged signal.

Same here.....

"0800-4-engaged-signal"

> This is happening every few days, and that's only the ones I notice. I am
> unable to find out how to access the log in my router (if in fact there is
> one) to tell me how often I'm losing the connection. All I could find was
> where it said uptime 3 days and some odd hours. That was when I reset it
> last time there was an outage of more than 15 minutes.

This was the first outage I had noticed in the week since I moved to UBS
with Orcon.

It was sorted fast (ish) so no harm done here.

~misfit~

steve wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Ok, it was only for 10 minutes at around 11am but it's getting to be
>> a PITA. I instantly rang their helpdesk and got an engaged signal.

> Same here.....
>
> "0800-4-engaged-signal"

That's 0508-4- ..... huh?

>> This is happening every few days, and that's only the ones I notice.
>> I am unable to find out how to access the log in my router (if in
>> fact there is one) to tell me how often I'm losing the connection.
>> All I could find was where it said uptime 3 days and some odd hours.
>> That was when I reset it last time there was an outage of more than
>> 15 minutes.

> This was the first outage I had noticed in the week since I moved to
> UBS with Orcon.
>
> It was sorted fast (ish) so no harm done here.

That was the lucky one.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

Nova wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Ok, it was only for 10 minutes at around 11am but it's getting to be
>> a PITA. I instantly rang their helpdesk and got an engaged signal.
>>
>> This is happening every few days, and that's only the ones I notice.
>> I am unable to find out how to access the log in my router (if in
>> fact there is one) to tell me how often I'm losing the connection.
>> All I could find was where it said uptime 3 days and some odd hours.
>> That was when I reset it last time there was an outage of more than
>> 15 minutes.

> Yeah I noticed it, but took it as on opportunity to have a break.
> Nothing major

Yeah, this time it wasn't so bad. However at other times of the day I'm
often gaming on-line and I have four PCs in the one game. (There are good
reasons, believe me. <g>) When UBS drops out then, even for a few minutes,
it's a PITA to go around them all and join a new game and start from
scratch. *Then*, when it drops out again a few minutes later (as it did the
other night at 11pm) it gets *really* annoying.

Doesn't "always on" mean it's on all the time? Or have they dropped that
from their advertising now?
--
~misfit~