Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Help please: multi-monitor app?

Help please: multi-monitor app?

Pleb Plebian

Hi all;
3-6 months ago, I came across an app that allowed an XP machine to use
another PC as an 'extension' 2nd monitor -like this
http://www.maxivista.com/how.htm
....but freeware.
Of course, not having an XP machine @ work at the time, I lost the link!
Googling has come up with nothing: has anyone come across this?
TIA for any info
-P

Mike Dee

"Pleb Plebian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> 3-6 months ago, I came across an app that allowed an XP machine to
> use another PC as an 'extension' 2nd monitor -like this
> http://www.maxivista.com/how.htm
> ...but freeware.
> Of course, not having an XP machine @ work at the time, I lost the
> link! Googling has come up with nothing: has anyone come
> across this? TIA for any info

If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware> often
people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.

--
dee

Pleb Plebian

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Pleb Plebian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
> > 3-6 months ago, I came across an app that allowed an XP machine to
> > use another PC as an 'extension' 2nd monitor -like this
> > http://www.maxivista.com/how.htm
> > ...but freeware.
> > Of course, not having an XP machine @ work at the time, I lost the
> > link! Googling has come up with nothing: has anyone come
> > across this? TIA for any info

> If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware> often
> people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.
>
> --
> dee

Brilliant! Will give that a shot, thanks, Mike
(I'm an idiot-should have tried there without prompting..)

Gordon

> > If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware> often
> > people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.

I looked around as well at first but there seems to be no free
alternative. Anyway, MaxiVista is really cool and its well worth the
few bucks.

Gordon

Mike Dee

"Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

>> > If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware>
>> > often people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.

> I looked around as well at first but there seems to be no free
> alternative. Anyway, MaxiVista is really cool and its well worth
> the few bucks.

The only thing I came across was win2vnc
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/win2vnc/>
but is prolly not quite what the OP was after.

--
dee