Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Zotob added to Malicious Software Removal Tool

Zotob added to Malicious Software Removal Tool

Brett Roberts

FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma.../families.mspx

The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:

Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir, Korgo,
Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix, Optixpro, ,
Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig, Spybot,
Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos

Brett Roberts
Microsoft NZ

thing2

Brett Roberts wrote:
> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma.../families.mspx
>
> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
>
> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir, Korgo,
> Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix, Optixpro, ,
> Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig, Spybot,
> Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos
>

> Brett Roberts
> Microsoft NZ

How about esbot.b and .c?

its killing us

:/

regards

Thing

thing2

thing2 wrote:
> Brett Roberts wrote:
>
>> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma.../families.mspx
>>
>> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
>>
>> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
>> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir,
>> Korgo, Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix,
>> Optixpro, , Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig,
>> Spybot, Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos
>>

>> Brett Roberts
>> Microsoft NZ
>>

> How about esbot.b and .c?
>
> its killing us
>
> :/
>
> regards
>
> Thing

esbot.a

Low. Vulnerabilities related to Microsoft software have not been found;
only one vector of infection is known; new vectors of infection have not
been found; the distribution potential is low; unique data destruction
has not occurred; and significant disruption of service has not occurred.

Yeah right, try upgrading to at least medium for b and c....

regards

Thing

Brett Roberts

"thing2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brett Roberts wrote:
>> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma.../families.mspx
>>
>> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
>>
>> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
>> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir,
>> Korgo, Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix,
>> Optixpro, , Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig,
>> Spybot, Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos
>>

>> Brett Roberts
>> Microsoft NZ

> How about esbot.b and .c?
>
> its killing us
>
> :/
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Not as yet but Symantec have an Esbot.A removal tool:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

and information on removing Esbot.B:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...2.esbot.b.html

They don't seem to have any info/guidance on Esbot.C as yet

Dave - Dave.net.nz

thing2 wrote:
>> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma.../families.mspx
>> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
>> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
>> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir,
>> Korgo, Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix,
>> Optixpro, , Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig,
>> Spybot, Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos

> How about esbot.b and .c?
> its killing us

adding it wont matter, the people who don't have the patches will likely
not have the MSRT either.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.