Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Software suggestion, progam that will disconect my lan on a timeschedule to enable and disable the internet

Software suggestion, progam that will disconect my lan on a timeschedule to enable and disable the internet

Jeremy

As per title amy suggestions welcome

Cheers

Jeremy

EMB

Jeremy wrote:
> As per title amy suggestions welcome

Run a firewall in your LAN and use it to disable internet access on a
time of day basis - IPCop certainly does this, and I believe Smoothwall
does as well.

--
EMB

Shane

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:19:10 +1200, EMB wrote:

> Jeremy wrote:
>> As per title amy suggestions welcome

and I believe Smoothwall does as

It should if its a Linux (using cron + a script to dial up (assuming a
dial up connection)
I presume windows scheduling could be used to the same effect

Jeremy

Shane wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:19:10 +1200, EMB wrote:
>

>>Jeremy wrote:
>>
>>>As per title amy suggestions welcome

> and I believe Smoothwall does as
>

> It should if its a Linux (using cron + a script to dial up (assuming a
> dial up connection)
> I presume windows scheduling could be used to the same effect

Hi Yes I forgot to mention Running Xp

Jeremy

Nova

Jeremy wrote:
> As per title amy suggestions welcome
>
> Cheers
>
> Jeremy

Sygage will let you setup time based rules so you can just tell it to
disable the internet during whatever hours you want.

Mark C

Jeremy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Software suggestion, progam that will disconect my lan on a time
> schedule to enable and disable the internet

NetLimiter (www.netlimiter.com) will throttle connections down to
1KB/s according to a schedule.

Jekyll and Hyde

> Hi Yes I forgot to mention Running Xp
>
> Jeremy

Write a batch file using appropriate netsh commands and use the scheduler to
run it.
One batch file to disable, another to enable. There's nothing better than
the satisfaction of DIY

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242468

Jekyll and Hyde.

Richard

Jeremy wrote:
> As per title amy suggestions welcome
>
> Cheers
>
> Jeremy

How about a hardware one? Plug your switch into a mains timer

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Richard wrote:
>> As per title amy suggestions welcome

> How about a hardware one? Plug your switch into a mains timer

heh, awesome, often the simplist solution is the best.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.