Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ricoh Printers

Ricoh Printers

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?

They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
their support contracts are very reasonable too.

Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
they're even slightly easier than the HPs.

OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
>
> They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
> their support contracts are very reasonable too.
>
> Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
> they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
>
> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

orry about that, I'm just kinda impressed with them.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

AD.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:10:38 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

Don't worry Dave, admitting you have a problem is the first step on the
road to recovery...

--
Cheers
Anton

I'm a Trampoline

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
>
> They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
> their support contracts are very reasonable too.
>
> Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
> they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
>
> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

There was as newish single pass colour laser on Trademe I could've
bought for $500. I'm kicking myself now, since after more research and
shopping, it looks like that was the one for me.

Dave Taylor

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ddvnhu.lo.1
@fairground.synaptic.net.nz:

> They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
> their support contracts are very reasonable too.

TCO?

--
Ciao, Dave

SchoolTech

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
>
>They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
>their support contracts are very reasonable too.
>
>Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
>they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
>
>OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

We have an AP206 which is quite good, cost about $995.
The software for network use gives you a useful status indicator and
"file printed" popup notifications (SmartDeviceMonitor).

SchoolTech

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
>
>They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
>their support contracts are very reasonable too.
>
>Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
>they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
>
>OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

No idea of TCO.

Robert Cooze

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
>
> They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
> their support contracts are very reasonable too.
>
> Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
> they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
>
> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

I used to fix em but I wont say what I think about them.

what It boils down to is how long do you want it to last and how much do
you expect to print

say a $300 Brother compared to a $600 Kyocera compared to a $xxxx
photocopier that can print

the thing to work out is what is the expected replacment scdule of parts
like the fuser is it 30thousand prints 60thousand or more than 100
thousand prints the same with the drum and dev tank.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave Taylor wrote:
>>They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
>>their support contracts are very reasonable too.

> TCO?

Supposedly lower than HP... hence the change... dunno the figures, I
don't work with the numbers, I just deal with the outcome.

--

Robert Cooze wrote:
>> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

> what It boils down to is how long do you want it to last and how much do
> you expect to print

> the thing to work out is what is the expected replacment scdule of parts
> like the fuser is it 30thousand prints 60thousand or more than 100
> thousand prints the same with the drum and dev tank.

the replacement cycle on the fuser and drum is meant to be 100k and 200k
pages, we have a 2 fault replacement guarantee on them(including tray
and pickup problems).

Auckland uni must like them too, supposedly they emptied Ricoh NZs
entire stock of them late last month.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

ricoh g4 wide tony Digital Photography 0 03-02-2004 12:09 AM
Help needed finding Drivers/BIOS update for Ricoh RW9120A DVDRW Arawak Computer Support 3 12-20-2003 07:31 PM
Ricoh caplio G4 and Casio Ahpek Digital Photography 1 11-24-2003 08:22 AM
To Ricoh Caplio G3 users ;-) Aleksander Grzebyta Digital Photography 0 10-03-2003 12:44 PM
Ricoh CD-R problem Max Coppin Computer Support 6 08-27-2003 02:30 PM

Advertisments