Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra 2Mbps International Download Speeds-Slow

Xtra 2Mbps International Download Speeds-Slow

David D

Since having to switch to another isp because of the jetstream issue, i
chose xtra to avoid the UBS business, im getting 230k download speeds
from NZ sites, but all international sites are giving me around 9k to
27k download speeds.

Is Xtra limiting international traffic??, i was with Paradise jetstream
explorer last month and getting 32k from all sites, so it's a bit
disapointing to be paying more for the 2Mbit plan and getting less than
the explorer plan!.

Anyone else getting poor download speeds from int sites?

David

news.xtra.co.nz

"David D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WT6Me.3119$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since having to switch to another isp because of the jetstream issue, i
> chose xtra to avoid the UBS business, im getting 230k download speeds from
> NZ sites, but all international sites are giving me around 9k to 27k
> download speeds.
>
> Is Xtra limiting international traffic??, i was with Paradise jetstream
> explorer last month and getting 32k from all sites, so it's a bit
> disapointing to be paying more for the 2Mbit plan and getting less than
> the explorer plan!.
>
> Anyone else getting poor download speeds from int sites?
>
> David

International sites should be fast too.

Tony

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:26:27 +1200, David D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Since having to switch to another isp because of the jetstream issue, i
>chose xtra to avoid the UBS business, im getting 230k download speeds
>from NZ sites, but all international sites are giving me around 9k to
>27k download speeds.
>
>Is Xtra limiting international traffic??, i was with Paradise jetstream
>explorer last month and getting 32k from all sites, so it's a bit
>disapointing to be paying more for the 2Mbit plan and getting less than
>the explorer plan!.
>
>Anyone else getting poor download speeds from int sites?
>
>David

I think every body is..

Overloaded System..?

Or Telescum tricks..

Bret

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:49:53 +1200, Tony
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:26:27 +1200, David D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Since having to switch to another isp because of the jetstream issue, i
>>chose xtra to avoid the UBS business, im getting 230k download speeds
>>from NZ sites, but all international sites are giving me around 9k to
>>27k download speeds.
>>
>>Is Xtra limiting international traffic??, i was with Paradise jetstream
>>explorer last month and getting 32k from all sites, so it's a bit
>>disapointing to be paying more for the 2Mbit plan and getting less than
>>the explorer plan!.
>>
>>Anyone else getting poor download speeds from int sites?
>>
>>David

>I think every body is..
>
>Overloaded System..?
>
>Or Telescum tricks..

I'm getting 702 Kb on a 1Mb connection to www.bandwidthplace.com
through xtra.

David D

Bret wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:49:53 +1200, Tony
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:26:27 +1200, David D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Since having to switch to another isp because of the jetstream issue, i
>>>chose xtra to avoid the UBS business, im getting 230k download speeds

>>>from NZ sites, but all international sites are giving me around 9k to

>>>27k download speeds.
>>>
>>>Is Xtra limiting international traffic??, i was with Paradise jetstream
>>>explorer last month and getting 32k from all sites, so it's a bit
>>>disapointing to be paying more for the 2Mbit plan and getting less than
>>>the explorer plan!.
>>>
>>>Anyone else getting poor download speeds from int sites?
>>>
>>>David

>>I think every body is..
>>
>>Overloaded System..?
>>
>>Or Telescum tricks..
>>

> I'm getting 702 Kb on a 1Mb connection to www.bandwidthplace.com
> through xtra.

To keep everybody on the same playing field what is your download speed
for downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ im
getting 40.1KB/Sec at lunchtime today.
NZ sites in still getting around 230KB/Sec.

David

PC

"David D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_uaMe.3184$(E-Mail Removed)...

big snip

>> I'm getting 702 Kb on a 1Mb connection to www.bandwidthplace.com
>> through xtra.

> To keep everybody on the same playing field what is your download speed
> for downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ im
> getting 40.1KB/Sec at lunchtime today.
> NZ sites in still getting around 230KB/Sec.
>
> David

Just got 695Kb/sec

Paul

Krazy Bob

"PC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6SaMe.3192$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "David D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_uaMe.3184$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

> big snip
>

>>> I'm getting 702 Kb on a 1Mb connection to www.bandwidthplace.com
>>> through xtra.

>> To keep everybody on the same playing field what is your download speed
>> for downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ im
>> getting 40.1KB/Sec at lunchtime today.
>> NZ sites in still getting around 230KB/Sec.
>>
>> David

> Just got 695Kb/sec
>
> Paul
>i got 109Kb/sec

Krazy B.

David D

PC wrote:
> "David D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_uaMe.3184$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>To keep everybody on the same playing field what is your download speed
>>for downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ im
>>getting 40.1KB/Sec at lunchtime today.
>>NZ sites in still getting around 230KB/Sec.
>>
>>David

> Just got 695Kb/sec
>
> Paul

ISP & the current plan that you are on, thanks.

David

David D

Krazy Bob wrote:
> "PC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6SaMe.3192$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>To keep everybody on the same playing field what is your download speed
>>>for downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ im
>>>getting 40.1KB/Sec at lunchtime today.
>>>NZ sites in still getting around 230KB/Sec.
>>>
>>>David

>>i got 109Kb/sec

> Krazy B.

ISP & current plan that you are on , thanks.

David

Bret

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:32:55 +1200, David D <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Bret wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:49:53 +1200, Tony
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I think every body is..
>>>
>>>Overloaded System..?
>>>
>>>Or Telescum tricks..
>>>

>> I'm getting 702 Kb on a 1Mb connection to www.bandwidthplace.com
>> through xtra.

>To keep everybody on the same playing field what is your download speed
>for downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ im
>getting 40.1KB/Sec at lunchtime today.
>NZ sites in still getting around 230KB/Sec.
>
>David

31.9KB for Mozilla.