Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iServe.co.nz down?

iServe.co.nz down?

Brendon

Hello,

Can anyone please confirm status of this site this morning asap.

I have a few clients hosted iwth them, and am currently out of the country
at the moment, and would like to have a little piece of mind, as all my
client sites appear down at the moment.

Thanks all.
Brendon

Phstpok

yep, timed out (paradise)

EMB

Brendon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone please confirm status of this site this morning asap.
>
> I have a few clients hosted iwth them, and am currently out of the country
> at the moment, and would like to have a little piece of mind, as all my
> client sites appear down at the moment.

Can't get it to load (or iserve.net.nz) and a couple of client's sites I
have hosted with them are also dead.

--
EMB

Chris Hope

Brendon wrote:

> Can anyone please confirm status of this site this morning asap.
>
> I have a few clients hosted iwth them, and am currently out of the
> country at the moment, and would like to have a little piece of mind,
> as all my client sites appear down at the moment.

I can't get to them. Their DNS servers are unreachable so I can't tell
if it's only the DNS servers that are the problem (no way to look up
their IP address). Here's the result of a trace to one of the DNS
servers from my IHUG connection:

traceroute to 202.191.32.1 (202.191.32.1), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 router (192.168.1.1) 0.986 ms 0.887 ms 0.846 ms
2 203-109-156-250.ihug.net (203.109.156.250) 55.680 ms 59.358 ms
55.881 ms
3 Vl118-tig-nz-core-1.ihug.net (203.109.156.217) 56.237 ms 59.534 ms
56.055 ms
4 203-109-156-203.ihug.net (203.109.156.203) 52.072 ms 55.352 ms
56.121 ms
5 203-109-156-98.ihug.net (203.109.156.9 55.987 ms 51.528 ms
55.901 ms
6 * * *

Brendon

Lovely! Just bl**dy lovely.

Thanks for the help guys. Will just have to sit this one out I guess, and
see what the issue is.

Cheers
Brendon

XPD

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Fo6Me.6798$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lovely! Just bl**dy lovely.
>
> Thanks for the help guys. Will just have to sit this one out I guess, and
> see what the issue is.
>
> Cheers
> Brendon

Grrrr theyd better get it sorted soon, they host my domain etc as well....
wheres the phone....

XPD

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Fo6Me.6798$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lovely! Just bl**dy lovely.
>
> Thanks for the help guys. Will just have to sit this one out I guess, and
> see what the issue is.
>
> Cheers
> Brendon

Just called Iserve..... "there has been a major hardware failure within the
network, no ETA of resolution at this time"

Mauricio Freitas

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UF5Me.6850$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone please confirm status of this site this morning asap.
>
> I have a few clients hosted iwth them, and am currently out of the country
> at the moment, and would like to have a little piece of mind, as all my
> client sites appear down at the moment.
>
> Thanks all.
> Brendon

8:15am now and a couple of small sites I have there are not working. No it
does not include Geekzone - this would cost too much to host on iServe due
to traffic.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

XPD

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Fo6Me.6798$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lovely! Just bl**dy lovely.
>
> Thanks for the help guys. Will just have to sit this one out I guess, and
> see what the issue is.
>
> Cheers
> Brendon

08:50 and seems to be back now.

Brendon

" We have to do an urgent hardware replacement on one of our core routers,
we are waiting for the components required before we can update with an
outage window (probably within the next 4-6hours).

The outage is going to cause connectivity problems for the iSERVE main web
site, HMC, IDM, ftp any SSL connected web sites and POP and SMTP services. "

Hmm....
Brendon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...