Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise News

Paradise News

Alan Keatinge

Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.

Alan Keatinge

Max Burke

> Alan Keatinge scribbled:
> Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
> Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
> entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.

It isn't.

All the overseas newsgroups I subscribe to havn't had any posts since the
Friday night - very early Saturday morning.

NZ newsgroups only showing very few posts....

Found Images

Tony

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, Alan Keatinge <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
>Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
>entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
>
>Alan Keatinge

No it was not, seems to all come today..

James McLaughlin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
>Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
>entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
>
>Alan Keatinge

I sent them a bunch of Google Groups links from this NG that show the
same thing happening six times in the last few months.

I look forward to their response.

Bye,
James

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Keatinge wrote:

> Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
> Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
> entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
>
> Alan Keatinge

The Paradise/Clear news server appeared to have stopped exchanging
messages with any other news servers (neither sending nor receiving)
at around 5am early Saturday morning.

I rang the help desk Saturday evening about it. It was still
not working by breakfast Monday (I'd resorted to using my
Xtra account to read newsgroups over the weekend).

The helpdesk rang me back this afternoon to say it was now fixed,
and it is.

RdM

Ralph Fox wrote in
nz.comp<(E-Mail Removed) ear.net.nz>:
> On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, in message
> *<(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Keatinge wrote:
>
> > Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
> > Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
> > entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
> >
> > Alan Keatinge

> The Paradise/Clear news server appeared to have stopped exchanging
> messages with any other news servers (neither sending nor receiving)
> at around 5am early Saturday morning.
>
> I rang the help desk Saturday evening about it. It was still
> not working by breakfast Monday (I'd resorted to using my
> Xtra account to read newsgroups over the weekend).
>
> The helpdesk rang me back this afternoon to say it was now fixed,
> and it is.

I'd posted a message to Quicksilver support via a web form for a change, at
nearly midnight Sunday, and got this response back at 16:48 Monday.

"Thank you for your email we were not aware of a problem but I have passed
this onto our network staff for advice."

I've replied with the info from your post in the other thread.

Two or three times now I have phoned their helpdesk re the news server, and
in each case have been the first one to alert them to an existing problem.
They're usually grateful to be alerted; I guess it is not monitored, and
it'll always be users who are the first to notice an outage ...
--
RdM