Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > can't get to sourceforge web pages

can't get to sourceforge web pages

akiwi

Hi

I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
time, my browser times out, and this page
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.

I have a paradise cable connection.

Any ideas?

akiwi

Roger_Nickel

akiwi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
> time, my browser times out, and this page
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
> gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
> are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.
>
> I have a paradise cable connection.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> akiwi

Working for me on actrix dialup

Peter

akiwi wrote:
> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
> time, my browser times out, and this page
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
> gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
> are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.

You have 2 URLs there.
The first one works ok here (via Maxnet) but the other gives a 404 error.
Are you sure that lists URL is correct?

HTH

Peter

Andrew

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, akiwi wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
> time, my browser times out, and this page

> I have a paradise cable connection.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> akiwi

There has been a problem since Thursday last week. The site works for me
at work, but not at home (Paradise).

I made a Support Request to Sourceforge on Monday. Apparently one of their
upstream providers is incorrectly IP blocking - they said yesterday it
should be 'cleared soon'. It's not yet fixed for me, though.

Interestingly, I also contacted Paradise Technical Help; they have yet to
make any comments to me (other than acknowledging my email).

I'm an active developer on Sourceforge, and it's very irritating not to
have access.

Andrew

akiwi

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:08:45 +1200, Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, akiwi wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
>> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
>> time, my browser times out, and this page

>> I have a paradise cable connection.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> akiwi

>There has been a problem since Thursday last week. The site works for me
>at work, but not at home (Paradise).
>
>I made a Support Request to Sourceforge on Monday. Apparently one of their
>upstream providers is incorrectly IP blocking - they said yesterday it
>should be 'cleared soon'. It's not yet fixed for me, though.
>
>Interestingly, I also contacted Paradise Technical Help; they have yet to
>make any comments to me (other than acknowledging my email).
>
>I'm an active developer on Sourceforge, and it's very irritating not to
>have access.
>
>Andrew

Thanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
browser. Then I told him I'd heard it was due to IP blocking but he
said he didn't think it could be because the website worked fine for
him. I wonder if there's any way to switch my IP address somehow.

Sourceforge support page doesn't load for me ...

akiwi

Kazonme

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:08:45 +1200, Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, akiwi wrote:

>There has been a problem since Thursday last week. The site works for me
>at work, but not at home (Paradise).
>
>I made a Support Request to Sourceforge on Monday. Apparently one of their
>upstream providers is incorrectly IP blocking - they said yesterday it
>should be 'cleared soon'. It's not yet fixed for me, though.
>
>Interestingly, I also contacted Paradise Technical Help; they have yet to
>make any comments to me (other than acknowledging my email).

Paradise IP range is blacklisted..

try using a proxy !

same as the SpamCop.net blacklist

Ralph Fox

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, akiwi wrote:

> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
> time, my browser times out, and this page
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
> gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
> are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.
>
> I have a paradise cable connection.
>
> Any ideas?

I've had no problem accessing sourceforge from Paradise dial-up today.

If there's an IP block, it's not affecting the IP range which I an in.

> akiwi

Dave Taylor

akiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
> web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
> browser.

Sometimes they do not eat their own dog food. Ask him to try from the TEST
MACHINE that is actually using what you use. IIRC they have a different
connection that bypasses things like their transparent proxy, so when you
call and say, this web site is broken, they say oh it works here,
forgetting that what they have is different than what you have.
This may have changed recently, but this what happened to me about 9 months
ago. ESCALATE.

--
Ciao, Dave

Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns96AABC4C8A84Ddaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.3 7.6:

> akiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> hanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
>> web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
>> browser.

> Sometimes they do not eat their own dog food. Ask him to try from the
> TEST MACHINE that is actually using what you use. IIRC they have a
> different connection that bypasses things like their transparent
> proxy, so when you call and say, this web site is broken, they say oh
> it works here, forgetting that what they have is different than what
> you have. This may have changed recently, but this what happened to me
> about 9 months ago. ESCALATE.

I have paradise cable and had no problems getting to a couple of sourcforge
web sites and I downloaded the latest beta of 7-zip.

--
Ciao, Dave

akiwi

On 6 Aug 2005 18:37:00 +1200, Dave Taylor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:Xns96AABC4C8A84Ddaveytaynospamplshot@203.97. 37.6:
>
>> akiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> hanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
>>> web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
>>> browser.

>> Sometimes they do not eat their own dog food. Ask him to try from the
>> TEST MACHINE that is actually using what you use. IIRC they have a
>> different connection that bypasses things like their transparent
>> proxy, so when you call and say, this web site is broken, they say oh
>> it works here, forgetting that what they have is different than what
>> you have. This may have changed recently, but this what happened to me
>> about 9 months ago. ESCALATE.
>>

>I have paradise cable and had no problems getting to a couple of sourcforge
>web sites and I downloaded the latest beta of 7-zip.

If I use this web site http://anonycat.com/index.htm
I can get to sourceforge web pages that I can't get to directly, but I
can't download files - it jumps back to anonycat web page if I try.

akiwi