Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Call Me Homer

Call Me Homer

Squirrel

Doh, in my excitement at discovering torrents, I clean forgot about my
lousy 1 gig broadband limit and blew it out the water in about two
days, bugger it all I am now back to dial up speed, which is a major
bitch for newsgroups, and hoping beyond all hope my new bill cycles is
the same as my cellphone which only means a few days.

Thanx to you all for your help with the damn things lol especially
riff who endured much, anyone know of some other little project I
could get excited about that wont blow my usage meter sky hi lol

Squirrel

Dave Taylor

Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanx to you all for your help with the damn things lol especially
> riff who endured much, anyone know of some other little project I
> could get excited about that wont blow my usage meter sky hi lol

How about building a firewall from an old PC?
IPcop.org
Smoothwall
M0n0wall
Coyote linux
Freesco
You just need a pentium 100, 2 or more nics, or just a nic and a modem, an
old hard drive and about 32 or more megs ram.

--
Ciao, Dave

Squirrel

On 6 Aug 2005 18:25:27 +1200, Dave Taylor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Thanx to you all for your help with the damn things lol especially
>> riff who endured much, anyone know of some other little project I
>> could get excited about that wont blow my usage meter sky hi lol

>How about building a firewall from an old PC?
>IPcop.org
>Smoothwall
>M0n0wall
>Coyote linux
>Freesco
>You just need a pentium 100, 2 or more nics, or just a nic and a modem, an
>old hard drive and about 32 or more megs ram.

Awesome, I'll get onto it after dinner lol

Squirrel