Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > attachment sign appearing.

attachment sign appearing.

geopelia

I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and other
numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me, and
I have no viruses.

What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
genuine attachments in emails please?
I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not the
attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.

There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
problem.

Thank you
Geopelia

Phstpok

Check your settings on how you compose and recive mail, you may have
everything set to html. Change to plain text.

geopelia stubbed out the damp squib on 4/08/2005 3:31 p.m.and tried to
bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
> I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
> and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and other
> numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me, and
> I have no viruses.
>
> What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
> genuine attachments in emails please?
> I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not the
> attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.
>
> There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
> problem.
>
> Thank you
> Geopelia

geopelia

"Phstpok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42f19232$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check your settings on how you compose and recive mail, you may have
> everything set to html. Change to plain text.

Thank you.
I have changed to plain text for both email and newsgroups. (It was only set
to plain text for newsgroups.)
I'll see if that fixes it. It has only been happening for the last few days.

Geopelia

revirdtaes

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UYfIe.132$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
> and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and
> other
> numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me,
> and
> I have no viruses.
>
> What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
> genuine attachments in emails please?
> I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not
> the
> attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.
>
> There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
> problem.
>
> Thank you
> Geopelia

Could be a stationery ??

Tim

I think its probably your AV attaching a message saying message is clean.

Tim

geopelia wrote:
> I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
> and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and other
> numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me, and
> I have no viruses.
>
> What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
> genuine attachments in emails please?
> I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not the
> attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.
>
> There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
> problem.
>
> Thank you
> Geopelia

geopelia

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsEaJe.842$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think its probably your AV attaching a message saying message is clean.
>
> Tim

Odd that it suddenly started happening though. It isn't happening so much
these last few days.
geopelia

tommoNoSpam@xtra.co.nz

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 10:15:32 +1200, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think its probably your AV attaching a message saying message is clean.
>
>Tim
>
>geopelia wrote:
>> I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
>> and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and other
>> numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me, and
>> I have no viruses.
>>
>> What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
>> genuine attachments in emails please?
>> I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not the
>> attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.
>>
>> There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
>> problem.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Geopelia

I believe the AntiVirus attachment theory is most probable, just started happening to
me after an AVG update.
KT