Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > VoIP 101

VoIP 101

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Quote: At this point most people have probably heard of VoIP, and many may have used it, but they may not fully understand the basics of this rapidly expanding technology. This Tech Tip will take a look at some of the basic features, modes of operation, and other background information on one of the latest ways technology can be used to connect people.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

My family's gonna be lookin into VoIP pretty soon, we've started using Skype but thats as far as we've gone so far.

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

I saw a guide around somewhere on how to make your own VOIP phone and since I know a bit about electronics I'm sure I could rig one up no probs. Save myself some kesh

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i will keep my existing phone

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Yeah, your phone will be just as good you and your brick of a phone that doesnt have a battery!

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

No battery, no need to charge it

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

no need to use it either

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

it works perfectly fine for doing absolutely nothing, like what its doing right now!

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

I bet you couldsell it on ebay,andsayits possessed or something, youd sell it for somuch that you could buy yourself a 64 x2 crazy ebay nutters...

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

thats a good idea actually. Possed Phone of Doom "ever since i have had this fone, i have had so much good luck, i won the gold lotto the other day, but unfornately my friend ripped up my Ticket so it was unreadable, luckily he broke his neck driving home, otherwise i wouldhave killed him "
And that be that!