Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > tv card software

tv card software

Epsom, Surry

hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
worth looking at?
chers
john

XPD

"Epsom, Surry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
> does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
> worth looking at?
> chers
> john

Depends what you want it to do - running it as a media box or just for
capture use etc.....

For a media box, MediaPortal is pretty good and its free....... for capture
use, theres a lot of stuff out there, but one that has a bit of everything
and isnt too bad is PowerVCR.

Peter Huebner

says...
> hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
> does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
> worth looking at?
> chers
> john

GBPVR is very highly rated. Made in NZ, too I found it a bit hard to
work through with my ATI theater 550 card but their support material for
Hauppage brand seems *very* comprehensive. They have active webforums,
too.

-P.

H.O.G

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:09:54 +0000 (UTC), "Epsom, Surry"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spoke these fine words:

>hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
>does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
>worth looking at?
>chers
>john

Showshifter, if you're looking for a PVR.

Epsom, Surry

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:47:35 +1200, H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Showshifter, if

thanks guys, I got this card for 15, the shop pulled them out of the
machines rather then put up with all the support calls...

Richard

Epsom, Surry wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:47:35 +1200, H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Showshifter, if

> thanks guys, I got this card for 15, the shop pulled them out of the
> machines rather then put up with all the support calls...

At that price, go back and buy more

Epsom, Surry

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:07:56 +1200, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At that price, go back and buy more

we have so little room in our uk flat I've turned an ex lease dell
into our phone (skype), tv & dvd player with the help of bt broadband
(19 for 2 meg/s 1 gig)

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Epsom, Surry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...

Does it pick up Freeview digital?

mctt

sure GB-PVR (free), nothing else.

here you can find the xml needed for gbpvr:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~john.a/csharp/xmltvnz.html

for mpeg edit (cutting Ad), Womble Mpeg Video Wizard (not free but
outstanding).

"Epsom, Surry" <(E-Mail Removed)> glsD:e4rne1l66d1b788d89hopuevdl0is3lcob@ 4ax.com...