Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Another Crap NAD TunerAmp..

Another Crap NAD TunerAmp..

Tony

Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
also blown the speakers before and may be again..

Has very little output protection, 2 large thermal switches, these are far to
slow to do any thing and with T4A fuses in the Amp DC feeds..

thing2

Tony wrote:

> Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
> also blown the speakers before and may be again..
>
> Has very little output protection, 2 large thermal switches, these are far to
> slow to do any thing and with T4A fuses in the Amp DC feeds..

Interesting.....my old NAD 3130? blew my last speakers.....now it no
longer has a pre-amp stage (power amp still works)

Is something 15 years old worth repairing?

I suspect some capacitors or something have given up the ghost somewhere
in the pre-amp stage due to age (it was stored for 8+ years so it
shouldnt be overload). I now feed from the tape output jacks into the
power amp stage thus bypassing the pre-amp and I get a fixed volume
output.....

;]

regards

Thing

David Preece

Tony wrote:
> Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
> also blown the speakers before and may be again..

Offtopic. We have nz.tech for this.

Dave

GraB

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:54:18 +1200, David Preece
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>> Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
>> also blown the speakers before and may be again..

>Offtopic. We have nz.tech for this.
>
>Dave

He's trying to provoke someone.

Craig Sutton

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:54:18 +1200, David Preece
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Tony wrote:
> >> Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time,

has
> >> also blown the speakers before and may be again..

> >Offtopic. We have nz.tech for this.
> >
> >Dave

> He's trying to provoke someone.

Roger playing with nads is nothing new

Richard

Craig Sutton wrote:
> Roger playing with nads is nothing new

Didnt think he had moved onto other peoples tho.