Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows Vista Beta 1 Released

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows Vista Beta 1 Released

 
 
Nathan Mercer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2005
PAM. wrote:
> "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>2.2 Gig!!!!!!!!!!! What allot of bloatware!!!!!!!!!

>
>
> Yeah. Who needs a GUI. Use the command line ya losers
>


Try out "Longhorn" Server and you might just see this
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2005
In article <42e9daae$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris Wilkinson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PseUDO wrote:
>> Windows Vista Beta 1 has been released to testers today, screenshots here
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...a/default.mspx

>
>Is it just me, or do the higher res screenshots appear to be scaled
>up from a lower res, and a light 1-2 pixel gaussian blur applied?
>Why not show the screenshots at their native resolution, and without
>any filtering?


Perhaps because the Vista screenshot utility is still only in beta.
It'll look better once the next version of .NET is released.

>2100x1575 is a strange screen resolution...


Maybe that's only a beta resolution, too. The release version will have
better resolution options available.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nathan Mercer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2005
Mutley wrote:
> Do you remember Micro$soft suing Lindows because the name sounded
> similar. Hope someone does the same to M$..


Quite different scenarios.
Lindows was created to switch users from Windows to Linux - and the name
to draw customers over. http://vista.com/ is an entirely different
product thats not a OS
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence DčOliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2005
In article <42e9f365$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nathan Mercer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Mutley wrote:
>> Do you remember Micro$soft suing Lindows because the name sounded
>> similar. Hope someone does the same to M$..

>
>Quite different scenarios.
>Lindows was created to switch users from Windows to Linux - and the name
>to draw customers over. http://vista.com/ is an entirely different
>product thats not a OS


And yet Microsoft never sued over "OpenWindows"
<http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/806-2901> or "DECWindows"
<http://www.iagu.net/docs/dec/AA-Q917B-TE_html/TOC.html> -- two much
more blatant similarities, don't you think.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Wilkinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2005
Hi there,

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In article <42e9daae$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Chris Wilkinson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>PseUDO wrote:
>>
>>>Windows Vista Beta 1 has been released to testers today, screenshots here
>>>
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...a/default.mspx

>>
>>Is it just me, or do the higher res screenshots appear to be scaled
>>up from a lower res, and a light 1-2 pixel gaussian blur applied?
>>Why not show the screenshots at their native resolution, and without
>>any filtering?

>
>
> Perhaps because the Vista screenshot utility is still only in beta.
> It'll look better once the next version of .NET is released.


Eh? Oh, sarcasm...

>>2100x1575 is a strange screen resolution...

>
> Maybe that's only a beta resolution, too. The release version will have
> better resolution options available.


Eh? (again). Perhaps its a case of smoke and mirrors. Its obvious when
I view the images zoomed in that they've had some post-capture doctoring
applied...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
Anyone wishing to email me directly can remove the obvious
spamblocker, and replace it with t p g <dot> c o m <dot> a u

Software patents are killing YOUR freedom, STOP THEM NOW!
http://swpat.ffii.org/ http://nosoftwarepatents.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista x64 SP2 Beta and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 troutman Windows 64bit 10 12-21-2008 01:16 PM
Vista pre-beta SP2 released to selected testers Carlos Windows 64bit 4 10-26-2008 01:07 AM
Vista codec packages for Vista 32 & vista 64 Kue2 Windows 64bit 0 03-05-2007 05:48 PM
Creative have released Vista Beta 2 x64 drivers for the Audigy Series cards Zack Uribe Windows 64bit 12 08-12-2006 02:38 PM
[ANN] JNIWrapper 2.5 Beta for Windows and JExplorer Beta 3 Eugene Toporov Java 0 07-15-2004 01:15 PM



Advertisments