Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > epson ink cartrigdges - replacement compatbile inks

epson ink cartrigdges - replacement compatbile inks

Nova

Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
alternatives to the official epson ink.

I stumbled across this
http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm

bulk ink flow system.

It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?

otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
real deal epson ones.

I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
void warranties etc etc etc.

Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
results!

Harry

Nova wrote:

> Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
> As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
> cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
> alternatives to the official epson ink.
>
> I stumbled across this
> http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>
> bulk ink flow system.
>
> It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>
> otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
> as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
> real deal epson ones.
>
> I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
> basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
> companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
> void warranties etc etc etc.
>
> Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
> results!

Throw your epson away and buy a new printer.
Get something like a canon which has cheaper, individual ink
cartridges.

Nova

Harry wrote:
> Nova wrote:
>

>>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>
>>I stumbled across this
>>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>
>>bulk ink flow system.
>>
>>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>
>>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>>real deal epson ones.
>>
>>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>>void warranties etc etc etc.
>>
>>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>>results!

> Throw your epson away and buy a new printer.
> Get something like a canon which has cheaper, individual ink
> cartridges.

Thank's for that absolutely useless input.

Tony

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:45:47 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>
>I stumbled across this
>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>
>bulk ink flow system.
>
>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>
>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>real deal epson ones.
>
>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>void warranties etc etc etc.
>
>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>results!

There is Only one brand to get and you get 30% more ink

Jettek made in the UK and has the Royal Warrant..

http://www.jettec.co.uk/

Local Agents

http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91

Be very careful as most inks will block your printer head..

Tony

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:05:10 +1000, Harry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nova wrote:
>
>> Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>> As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>> cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>> alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>
>> I stumbled across this
>> http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>
>> bulk ink flow system.
>>
>> It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>
>> otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>> as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>> real deal epson ones.
>>
>> I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>> basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>> companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>> void warranties etc etc etc.
>>
>> Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>> results!

>Throw your epson away and buy a new printer.
>Get something like a canon which has cheaper, individual ink
>cartridges.

What the one that the print heads only last 18 months, you are joking, plus
most of the lower price Canons are only 3 colours..

Epsom's also have the longest picture life..

Nova

Tony wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:45:47 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>
>>I stumbled across this
>>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>
>>bulk ink flow system.
>>
>>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>
>>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>>real deal epson ones.
>>
>>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>>void warranties etc etc etc.
>>
>>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>>results!
>>

> There is Only one brand to get and you get 30% more ink

Why is there only one brand? there are lots of brands out there..
im sure there is more than 1 company that can make decent ink (thought
the printer companies would never admit this)

> Jettek made in the UK and has the Royal Warrant..
>

> http://www.jettec.co.uk/
>
> Local Agents
>
> http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91
>

> Be very careful as most inks will block your printer head..

As much as I've heard people warning about this (mainly by the printer
companies) it seems I can't find anyone that has used a non official ink
that has had this problem.

Anyway thanks for the link, the prices look nice and compeditive..
I might try both out..

I kinda like the other system cause it gives you _loads_ of ink..

Nova

Tony wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:05:10 +1000, Harry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Nova wrote:
>>

>>>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>>>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>>>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>>>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>>
>>>I stumbled across this
>>>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>>
>>>bulk ink flow system.
>>>
>>>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>>
>>>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>>>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>>>real deal epson ones.
>>>
>>>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>>>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>>>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>>>void warranties etc etc etc.
>>>
>>>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>>>results!

>>Throw your epson away and buy a new printer.
>>Get something like a canon which has cheaper, individual ink
>>cartridges.

> What the one that the print heads only last 18 months, you are joking, plus
> most of the lower price Canons are only 3 colours..
>

> Epsom's also have the longest picture life..

and of course lots of epson printers have individual cartridges which he
doesn't seem to be aware of. I assumed he was just trolling or isn't
that well informed..

Tony

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:24:51 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:45:47 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>>>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>>>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>>>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>>
>>>I stumbled across this
>>>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>>
>>>bulk ink flow system.
>>>
>>>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>>
>>>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>>>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>>>real deal epson ones.
>>>
>>>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>>>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>>>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>>>void warranties etc etc etc.
>>>
>>>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>>>results!
>>>

>> There is Only one brand to get and you get 30% more ink

>Why is there only one brand? there are lots of brands out there..
>im sure there is more than 1 company that can make decent ink (thought
>the printer companies would never admit this)

What other brands are made in the UK and have a full warrantee plus 30% more
ink and has the Royal Warrant.

>> Jettek made in the UK and has the Royal Warrant..
>>

>> http://www.jettec.co.uk/
>>
>> Local Agents
>>
>> http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91
>>

>> Be very careful as most inks will block your printer head..

>As much as I've heard people warning about this (mainly by the printer
>companies) it seems I can't find anyone that has used a non official ink
>that has had this problem.
>
>Anyway thanks for the link, the prices look nice and compeditive..
>I might try both out..
>
>I kinda like the other system cause it gives you _loads_ of ink..

Tony

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:24:51 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:45:47 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>>>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>>>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>>>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>>
>>>I stumbled across this
>>>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>>
>>>bulk ink flow system.
>>>
>>>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>>
>>>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>>>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>>>real deal epson ones.
>>>
>>>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>>>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>>>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>>>void warranties etc etc etc.
>>>
>>>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>>>results!
>>>

>> There is Only one brand to get and you get 30% more ink

>Why is there only one brand? there are lots of brands out there..
>im sure there is more than 1 company that can make decent ink (thought
>the printer companies would never admit this)
>

>> Jettek made in the UK and has the Royal Warrant..
>>

>> http://www.jettec.co.uk/
>>
>> Local Agents
>>
>> http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91
>>

>> Be very careful as most inks will block your printer head..

>As much as I've heard people warning about this (mainly by the printer
>companies) it seems I can't find anyone that has used a non official ink
>that has had this problem.

Go to the Printer News group..

Nova wrote:

> Harry wrote:
>> Nova wrote:
>>

>>>Well unfortunately the ink is nearly dry in my epson r310..
>>>As the cost of replacing the cartridges is going to be the same as the
>>>cost of the printer I've been delaying splashing out and looking at
>>>alternatives to the official epson ink.
>>>
>>>I stumbled across this
>>>http://www.inksmart.co.nz/prod2323.htm
>>>
>>>bulk ink flow system.
>>>
>>>It appears _far_ cheaper but am wondering if anyone has tried this out?
>>>
>>>otherwise I'll probably buy some normal compatible cartridges for them
>>>as they are 14 dollars instead of 30-40 as they are in the shops for the
>>>real deal epson ones.
>>>
>>>I've read some reviews about other compatible inks here and there,
>>>basically saying people cannot tell the difference, but how the printer
>>>companies obviously employ scare tactics saying they can clog heads,
>>>void warranties etc etc etc.
>>>
>>>Anyway if I don't hear back from anyone I'll try it out and report the
>>>results!

>> Throw your epson away and buy a new printer.
>> Get something like a canon which has cheaper, individual ink
>> cartridges.
>>

> Thank's for that absolutely useless input.

Most printers these days are designed to be thrown away when the ink
runs out. Just buy a new printer. If it lasts you a year then it
is only costing $5 per week. And the cost can be instantly written
off against your income so it works out even cheaper.

But if you insist on replacing the ink instead of buying a new
printer then use the manufacturers ink because the other stuff
will probably cause you more grief than it is worth.