Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > networking, proxy problem

networking, proxy problem

JC

Can anyone solve this? I have set up a network with three computers at
this stage, two desktops and one laptop. One of the desktops acts as the
gateway to the net, as it is running Lan Suite free edition. The problem
is, when I go to Ihug and my accounts page and try and login from the
laptop, I get - the.ihug.co.nz could not be found. When I do it from
the desktop with lansuite on it, I can log in no trouble at all. Also, I
can't get into gmail either. My ip's are 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.4
(another computer to be added) and connection is through a 5 port switch
and broadband modem. All comps are running xp.
The desktop with lan suite is running Sygate Personal Firewall, with the
ip range in the allowed traffic section, under advanced rules.

Any ideas on how to resolve this

JC

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Can anyone solve this? I have set up a network with three computers at
> this stage, two desktops and one laptop. One of the desktops acts as the
> gateway to the net, as it is running Lan Suite free edition. The problem
> is, when I go to Ihug and my accounts page and try and login from the
> laptop, I get - the.ihug.co.nz could not be found. When I do it from
> the desktop with lansuite on it, I can log in no trouble at all. Also, I
> can't get into gmail either. My ip's are 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.4
> (another computer to be added) and connection is through a 5 port switch
> and broadband modem. All comps are running xp.
> The desktop with lan suite is running Sygate Personal Firewall, with the
> ip range in the allowed traffic section, under advanced rules.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this

Nevermind, I didn't have the proxy address in the secure section of the
connection tab. Doh