Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox & Shockwave installation request

Firefox & Shockwave installation request

news.xtra.co.nz

Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is already
installed.

Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find info.

Allistar

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
> Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
> already installed.
>
> Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
> info.

What OS?

Allistar.

news.xtra.co.nz

"Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>
>> Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But,
>> sometimes
>> Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
>> already installed.
>>
>> Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
>> info.

> What OS?
>
> Allistar.

Sorry, windows xp pro.

The Black Wibble

"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfiFe.3531$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
> Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
> already installed.
>
> Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
> info.

It took four attempts to get the plugin downloaded before firefox responded
with "Shockwave successfully installed." It only happens with shockwave and
with recent firefox revisions.

Tony.

Pon

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:41:23 +1200, "The Black Wibble"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:cfiFe.3531$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
>> Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
>> already installed.
>>
>> Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
>> info.

>It took four attempts to get the plugin downloaded before firefox responded
>with "Shockwave successfully installed." It only happens with shockwave and
>with recent firefox revisions.
>
>Tony.

Not a problem with Dear Park Alpha 2

Shockwave installs but doesn't run in Firefox only IE Kurt Krueckeberg Firefox 7 03-23-2005 01:22 PM
Cannot get Shockwave Flash file to run in Firefox but works in IE? Kurt Krueckeberg Firefox 7 03-19-2005 06:59 PM
Installing shockwave? Axl Firefox 17 12-23-2003 03:38 PM
Shockwave doesn't go Firebird ? why ? Dex® Firefox 14 10-28-2003 07:53 AM