Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Can't download WinAmp Pro

Can't download WinAmp Pro

Philip

I tried to download WinAmp Pro, and was willing to pay the US$14.95. I
got this:
----------------------------------
We're Sorry.

The products you have selected are not available in your area.

Please contact a local distributor to obtain your product.

(Error Number: 30053013 - 0)
-----------------------------------

What next? What local distributor? Google couldn't find one. Does anyone
have an answer to this problem?

I've tried to contact Nullsoft but there seems no way to e-mail or talk
to an actual real person. All the contact options lead to formula
e-mails with pre-set subjects - and there is no preset subject for:
Error Number: 30053013 - 0

I think someone at Nullsoft doesn't like us.

Philip

Richard

Philip wrote:
> I tried to download WinAmp Pro, and was willing to pay the US$14.95. I
> got this:

Why would you want the pro version?

Philip

Richard wrote:
> Philip wrote:
>
>> I tried to download WinAmp Pro, and was willing to pay the US$14.95. I
>> got this:

> Why would you want the pro version?

Faster ripping

Philip

Richard

Philip wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>> Philip wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to download WinAmp Pro, and was willing to pay the US$14.95.
>>> I got this:

>> Why would you want the pro version?

> Faster ripping

Rip in a program that can do it properly, there are only 2 on windows - exact
audio copy and dbpoweramp, both free downloads.

Peter Huebner

In article <42e39193$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> Why would you want the pro version?

> > Faster ripping

> Rip in a program that can do it properly, there are only 2 on windows - exact
> audio copy and dbpoweramp, both free downloads.

What's wrong with Audiograbber in your opinion? ( I may well look at the
two you mentioned regardless ).
And I agree, Winamp ripping is not that hot, in my experience. Mind you,
last time I tried was Winamp 3 ...

cheers, -P.

Richard

Peter Huebner wrote:
> In article <42e39193$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>>Faster ripping

>>Rip in a program that can do it properly, there are only 2 on windows - exact
>>audio copy and dbpoweramp, both free downloads.
>>

> What's wrong with Audiograbber in your opinion? ( I may well look at the
> two you mentioned regardless ).
> And I agree, Winamp ripping is not that hot, in my experience. Mind you,
> last time I tried was Winamp 3 ...

When I last looked at it, it wouldnt handle cds that are difficult to read.

When you are ripping CDs that are slightly scratched audiograbber would leave
the clicks and pops in rather then re-reading multiple times till it got it
right which eac and dbpoweramp will do.

Peter Huebner

In article <42e3f9fd$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

> When you are ripping CDs that are slightly scratched audiograbber would leave
> the clicks and pops in rather then re-reading multiple times till it got it
> right which eac and dbpoweramp will do.

Ok, makes sense. All my CDs are immaculate tho' ... so I might not
notice

Always curious I downloaded EAC last night and had a play with it. The
quality of the one track I ripped to mp3 was certainly most impressive.
Haven't tried Dbpoweramp yet.

Just such a pity that my car audio doesn't support mp3.

ttfn, -P.

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Philip <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I've tried to contact Nullsoft but there seems no way to e-mail or talk
>to an actual real person. All the contact options lead to formula
>e-mails with pre-set subjects - and there is no preset subject for:
>Error Number: 30053013 - 0

So you actually get an e-mail address? Why not just compose your own
e-mail to that address, then?

David

Philip wrote:
> I tried to download WinAmp Pro, and was willing to pay the US$14.95. I
> got this:
> ----------------------------------
> We're Sorry.
>
> The products you have selected are not available in your area.
>
> Please contact a local distributor to obtain your product.
>
> (Error Number: 30053013 - 0)
> -----------------------------------
>
> What next? What local distributor? Google couldn't find one. Does anyone
> have an answer to this problem?
>
> I've tried to contact Nullsoft but there seems no way to e-mail or talk
> to an actual real person. All the contact options lead to formula
> e-mails with pre-set subjects - and there is no preset subject for:
> Error Number: 30053013 - 0
>
> I think someone at Nullsoft doesn't like us.
>
> Philip

on the page where you go to download normal [free] winamp, there is a
link to "upgrade winamp pro" which gets you the installer straight away.
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/...mp5094_pro.exe