Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > looking for a program

looking for a program

Dumbkiwi

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:57:40 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

> That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
> software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
>
> I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
> software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
> for them to post info back to everyone else.
>
> Any ideas on suitable software?

Email?

Craig Sutton

That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.

I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
for them to post info back to everyone else.

Any ideas on suitable software?

The Other Guy

Craig Sutton wrote:
> That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
> software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
>
> I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
> software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
> for them to post info back to everyone else.
>
> Any ideas on suitable software?

How about DBabble (http://www.netwinsite.com)?

The Other Guy

Thor

Craig Sutton wrote:

> That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
> software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
>
> I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
> software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the
> ability for them to post info back to everyone else.
>
> Any ideas on suitable software?

winpopup

--
*~~~~~~~~Thor

Shane

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:57:40 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

> That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
> software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
>
> I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
> software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the
> ability for them to post info back to everyone else.
>
> Any ideas on suitable software?

Thors post made me think, wasnt this what windows messenger service
designed for?
Assuming everyone is on a LAN behind a firewall, why not re-enable that?

Dave Taylor

"Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dbt7sa$v6o$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Any ideas on suitable software?

Novell Groupwise Messenger as it is specifically designed for a corporate
environment.

--
Ciao, Dave

Harry

Craig Sutton wrote:

> That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
> software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
>
> I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
> software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the
> ability for them to post info back to everyone else.
>
> Any ideas on suitable software?

WinPopup.
You can send these over Netbios. From Linux you can
use "smbclient -M host". From Windows ... sorry but MS doesn't
like building command extensibility into their OS.

Peter Huebner

In article <dbt7sa$v6o$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
> software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
>
> I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
> software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
> for them to post info back to everyone else.
>
> Any ideas on suitable software?

Take a gander at this:

http://www.tipic.com/timp

-P.