Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > vodaphone stupidity

vodaphone stupidity

whoisthis

Vodaphone allows you to manage your phone accounts including prepay via
the internet. Excellent, so they should.

HOWEVER... you can only manage ONE prepay this way, their system does
not allow you to manage two or more.

Well I have an intellectually handicapped son who has a prepay, I had
mistakenly presumed that if he ran out of money on it while I was over
in Australia I would be able to top it up via the internet...... no such
luck. Next choice was to use the 777 system, but not be out done I find
this was down for the whole bloody week I was there.

Sorry vodaphone, I am NOT going to get a separate credit card to manage
each of the kids phones, fix your stupid system up, I did NOT have this
problem when our phones were with Telecom, shifting back will be the
next logical choice !

Gordon

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:24:39 +1200, whoisthis wrote:

> I did NOT have this
> problem when our phones were with Telecom, shifting back will be the
> next logical choice !

One has to ask, what prompted you to go to Vodafone being a Telecom
customer?

Yes, I do agree with concern that a family can not put all there cell
phones in one basket, charge wise. After all most of us have one these
days.

Of course there is the account version vs prepay. Would this work in your
situation?

The Other Guy

whoisthis wrote:
> Vodaphone allows you to manage your phone accounts including prepay via
> the internet. Excellent, so they should.
>
> HOWEVER... you can only manage ONE prepay this way, their system does
> not allow you to manage two or more.

??

> Well I have an intellectually handicapped son who has a prepay, I had
> mistakenly presumed that if he ran out of money on it while I was over
> in Australia I would be able to top it up via the internet...... no such
> luck. Next choice was to use the 777 system, but not be out done I find
> this was down for the whole bloody week I was there.

It appears 777/729 don't work from some phones. We had two Prepay phones
roaming in Australia in May. Mine could call, the other could not. Oddly
enough, the one that couldn't call could text to the same number to get
the account balance.

> Sorry vodaphone, I am NOT going to get a separate credit card to manage
> each of the kids phones, fix your stupid system up, I did NOT have this
> problem when our phones were with Telecom, shifting back will be the
> next logical choice !

You haven't explained the problem at all... what do credit cards have to
do with the problem?

Can't you set up two logins to manage the individual Prepay accounts and
register the same card for both?

The Other Guy

Gordon

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:24:39 +1200, whoisthis wrote:

> Vodaphone allows you to manage your phone accounts including prepay via
> the internet. Excellent, so they should.
>
> HOWEVER... you can only manage ONE prepay this way, their system does
> not allow you to manage two or more.

Quote from
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricing_pl...le&subitem=how

You can use HotLink anytime, anywhere you have coverage - even overseas
in Australia, the UK and Spain. You can make a payment on your own
balance, or top up your friends' or family's mobiles - if they ask nicely!

End Quote

Now to me it seems that something is not connecting here.

Now back to what I was trying to find out on this site

Jason Fanning

whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:who-18ED9C.16243923072005
@news.xtra.co.nz:
> Sorry vodaphone, I am NOT going to get a separate credit card to manage
> each of the kids phones, fix your stupid system up, I did NOT have this
> problem when our phones were with Telecom, shifting back will be the
> next logical choice !

You have to set up multiple accounts to a single CC via Vodafone customer
services to start with then you can you do everything via the web site

KeeWee

HotLink only currently works if you have a valid 'standard' bank
account with BNZ.

At the bottom of
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricing_pl...le&subitem=who

Which banks can HotLink?

At the moment only the Bank of New Zealand can HotLink, but other
banks are already setting HotLink in place or will be soon. If you TXT
us the name of your bank to 262, we'll let you know when they do get
on board.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:41:42 +1200, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:24:39 +1200, whoisthis wrote:
>
>> Vodaphone allows you to manage your phone accounts including prepay via
>> the internet. Excellent, so they should.
>>
>> HOWEVER... you can only manage ONE prepay this way, their system does
>> not allow you to manage two or more.
>>

>Quote from
>http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricing_pl...le&subitem=how
>
>You can use HotLink anytime, anywhere you have coverage - even overseas
>in Australia, the UK and Spain. You can make a payment on your own
>balance, or top up your friends' or family's mobiles - if they ask nicely!
>
>End Quote
>
>Now to me it seems that something is not connecting here.
>
>Now back to what I was trying to find out on this site

~misfit~

KeeWee wrote:
> HotLink only currently works if you have a valid 'standard' bank
> account with BNZ.
>
> At the bottom of
> http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricing_pl...le&subitem=who
>
> Which banks can HotLink?
>
> At the moment only the Bank of New Zealand can HotLink, but other
> banks are already setting HotLink in place or will be soon. If you TXT
> us the name of your bank to 262, we'll let you know when they do get
> on board.

I hear that none of the other banks are keen on getting on board this
scheme.
--
~misfit~